Generation X (Baby Bust)196519794054
Xennials
Millennials
Generation Y, Gen Next
iGen / Gen Z19952012724
Gen Alpha2013202516

(*age if still alive today)

I was born 1993.

@Northray, the "Which Generation are you" line was part of the site. :-)

Yes, I see I'm not only a Millennial but a Millennial/Generation Y and Gen Next, if I'm reading this correctly.

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

. Their population outnumbers boomers. 

I found this hard to believe, so I googled it.  It is true, or soon will be true.  I guess enough boomers have passed away that the millenials have surpassed us in number.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Re: Prices and Millennials

[ Edited ]

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

. Their population outnumbers boomers. 

I found this hard to believe, so I googled it.  It is true, or soon will be true.  I guess enough boomers have passed away that the millenials have surpassed us in number.  

Unofficially that happened somewhere around 2015, according the US Census Bureau. But we won't know the exact official numbers until the next census in 2020.

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2015/cb15-113.html

Respected Contributor

Image result for Funny Human Skeleton

Is there a Stone Age generation?  Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Millennial spending is not the future but rather it is here and now. Their population outnumbers boomers. Most of the millennials I know don't buy stuff from a TV shopping channel. They buy stuff online. For that reason I think TV shopping channels are not going to be around for very much longer...who's going to buy that stuff when the boomers are gone?

I’m kinda stunned TV shopping lasted this long.  

QVC is such a cultural punchline, I can’t imagine

anyone of youth would commit the time to watch

something when online is the future.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a millennial daughter who has never bought from a TV shopping channel. She buys online from Amazon and cosmetics from the brand's website like Tarte. She also likes to thrift store shop.

Millennials are being thrifty and want to use their money to pay off debt or save to buy a home or travel the world. The physical stuff like tons of clothes don't mean very much.

Valued Contributor

@Northray I have granddaughters your age. And they buy there clothes at Hot Topic, Forever 21 and Old Navy. I know for a fact that they would never buy anything from QVC.

Honored Contributor

Re: Prices and Millennials

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

Millennial spending is not the future but rather it is here and now. Their population outnumbers boomers. Most of the millennials I know don't buy stuff from a TV shopping channel. They buy stuff online. For that reason I think TV shopping channels are not going to be around for very much longer...who's going to buy that stuff when the boomers are gone?

The answer is no one. Lol

I’m Gen X and I don’t wear their clothes. 

Honored Contributor

The only people I know who purchase clothing from a shopping channels are boomer folks and I don't know many.  My daughter and her 40 something year old friends wouldn't not be caught dead in QVC clothing.

If they would watch, they might buy kitchen or household stuff, maybe shoes, jewelry or a bag, but they won't watch.    

Shopping channels are going the way of brick and motar stores and Sears catalogs. They are dying out.  Choices are limited, prices are high and shipping and handling Is too expensive.

Young mothers and working folks do not have the time to sit and watch presentations.  It is so much faster to just shop on Amazon or other retailers, who offer great prices and low shipping fees and FAST delivery.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The answer is no one. Lol

I’m Gen X and I don’t wear their clothes. 

I was born the later part of baby boomers and I have zero interest in their clothes

I have bought cosmetics and kitchen items - but that's about it