Regular Contributor

I haven’t been watching qvc much since the beginning of the year but yesterday I tuned in and wow, the prices. Shoes over $100.00, jeans over $100.00, and a denim & co. top for $50.00! What is happening? 

Lost me totally as a customer!

Occasional Contributor

I agree. The prices have been going up substantially in the past 6 months that most people are going to be buying less as noticed by the extensive amount of clearance shows for all brands since mid-January. I am buying less as I cannot justify a purchase of a woven blouse for $71.00 .  While I love Susan Graver but the liquid knit is so over for me. I  am also finding a lot of wonderful buys on EBay of most of the brands found on the "Q" for a lot less. 

Honored Contributor

So many stores, e.g., Macy's, Lord & Taylors, have excellent sales, sometimes with free or reduced shipping.  I like SG and D&C but only when they have been reduced significantly and have free s/h.  Too many other places to shop.

Honored Contributor

Cheaper clothing has become more expensive because of the tariffs.  Plus inflation is constant.   Everyday the dollar is worth less.  Eventually the cheapest tops, jean etc in the past will become over $100.00.  We keep getting paid more (those of us that work) People that are retired are out of luck.  You simply don't buy.

Super Contributor

Yes, higher prices everywhere. From restaurants to fast food to clothing. Higher wages for all is making itself be known.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50My favorite place to shop is still my closet -  and I can be inside a large Macys in 3 minutes, 4 if I hit a traffic light!  Haven't spent a dollar in Macys for about 5 years now.  

They have plenty of clothes way more expensive than the Q's and some that are less -  I'm not impressed with either end of the spectrum.  But -  I find Nordstrom even worse.  It all makes me glad I overshopped some years ago and that I like those styles far better than the current ones.

Probably the only downside is that when I do have to start buying replacements, the prices will feel extra high -  sort of like shopping for a new car after 10 or 12 years can be.  But I'll never fall into the excess buying trap I allowed myself in the past because with very few purchases in the last few years, I still have too much in excellent condition.  

Trusted Contributor

@Frau K wrote:

Yes, higher prices everywhere. From restaurants to fast food to clothing. Higher wages for all is making itself be known.

@Frau K  Yes, higher prices, lower quality clothing, food and customer service. Definitely an incentive to stay home now.

Honored Contributor

@annie57 wrote:

I haven’t been watching qvc much since the beginning of the year but yesterday I tuned in and wow, the prices. Shoes over $100.00, jeans over $100.00, and a denim & co. top for $50.00! What is happening? 

Lost me totally as a customer!

Prices on clothing always seem to be higher on Q.  I do not purchase clothing on Q.  I usually purchase LUG I discovered on Q and my lug bag is my favorite, lock n lock, and philosphy.  I purchase certain things from different channels.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm with you, millieshops, I shop my closet.  And I still have lots of old Graver stuff.  That polyester seems to want to last forever, LOL!  I also still wear old Motto and DuJour stuff.  About the only time I (rarely) buy something new from QVC is a TSV.  But, I think I'm good with having plenty of WWC and Attitudes by Renee pants.  I really don't "need" to buy any clothes for a while. 

Honored Contributor
Thrift stores are more popular than ever now; it’s easy to see why. I can’t justify $75 for a polyester top.