Esteemed Contributor

Re: Price scanners at my Walmart

@shoesnbags wrote:

@threecees 

I downloaded the Walmart ap during an in-store promo recently. Now I can just aim my phone at the UPC code on any item in the store and it gives me the price. I can also type in a product category and it tells me the location in the store to find it. Very helpful in a huge Super Walmart. (The ap knows which WM store I’m in.)

Maybe this would be an alternative for you. 

@shoesnbags  Learned something new today. Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom...sounds like you are old school like I am.Cat LOL Nothing wrong with that. Whatever works, right?

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I can totally understand why WM got rid of those scanners. They're having to take extra time to put all of the abandoned merchandise back to where it came from. I go shopping at WM early Sunday morning, as soon as the store opens, and you wouldn't believe how many abandoned heaping-full carts are left throughout the store. Those full carts are then parked by an employee in front of the CS counter and then they have to go through all of it. I asked a WM employee about that situ and they told me it was an all-day job to clean out those carts. It's like that every Sunday.

@SilleeMee  Some people ruin the courtesy for everyone. Too bad for the people

who don't leave mounds of stuff thrown around and just need the price and don't

have a smart phone.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Walmarts still have the machines, also the employees can also check the price for you by using their phones. Never had an employee who refused.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I can totally understand why WM got rid of those scanners. They're having to take extra time to put all of the abandoned merchandise back to where it came from. I go shopping at WM early Sunday morning, as soon as the store opens, and you wouldn't believe how many abandoned heaping-full carts are left throughout the store. Those full carts are then parked by an employee in front of the CS counter and then they have to go through all of it. I asked a WM employee about that situ and they told me it was an all-day job to clean out those carts. It's like that every Sunday.

@SilleeMee 

I call that 'job security', WalMart employess are PAID to do that job and I'm sure they appreciate getting paid to do that job.

Without it, some would be unemployed by WalMart. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@KingstonsMom...sounds like you are old school like I am.Cat LOL Nothing wrong with that. Whatever works, right?

@catwhisperer 

Yep! That's their job, not mine.

My job is just to choose and pay for their merchandise, the rest is up to them, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom...I totally agree. You go girl!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

I don't have a smart phone and it would be nice if a WM employee could help me with a price check....oh, but wait....that employee is too busy putting stuff away from those abandoned carts. Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@threecees wrote:

I went shopping at Walmart after Christmas.  I had several things in

my cart that had no prices on the package. So I walked around and

looked for a scanner in two places that I used to check prices on.

Nothing there anymore.

I finally found an employee and asked her where I could find the

closest scanner. She told me they took the scanners away. I asked

why and was told that the customers leave all their unwanted items

there. The employee was decent and told me the prices of the

things I needed checked.

The scanners were helpful to so many people. I am disappointed. It

seems more stores are putting them in and now my store has now

removed them. It was a nice convenience for shoppers.

Was wondering if anyone here still has them in their store? Will all

of the stores remove them soon?I don't want this to get ugly about

Walmart, just curious about it?

Well of course patrons leave their unwanted items there if the price is not right for them.  

It's the store's responsibility to have a price on each item.  I dislike when stores don't have prices on items. 

Honored Contributor

I'm one that also appreciates in-store scanners.  I don't shop at Walmart, but the Giant supermarket used to have them and now they don't.  Customer service will oblige of course but it's a few extra steps and minutes.  CVS still has scanners (at the red coupon machine).

They may want people to use their app but there's not enough room on my phone, so I won't be doing that.