Honored Contributor

Re: Price scanners at my Walmart

[ Edited ]

They took the scanners out of the WM near me a couple of years ago. I had to download the app to find out prices. Hate it, most of the time when I scan something, Is says “invalid, not a Walmart product”. Then I try and find an employee...not an easy task. They are usually openly irritated that they are being asked nicely to scan something...they have a different scanner on their phones that actually work. They should put scanners back in the stores. The argument that people leave merchandise next to the scanner is no reason to remove them all. Put a basket or box by the scanner and someone can restock the items where they belong, like every other store in the world does. Not a WM fan, can you tell?

Honored Contributor

I haven’t shopped at my local WM in 2 full years.

Honored Contributor

I worked retail years ago..Some specific jobs were restocking merchandise that was in the wrong place, regardless of the reason. The WM near me rarely has the right prices with the right merchandise; sometimes I need to check the price.
Honored Contributor

Your app must be better than the one I loaded. Mine rarely gives accurate info. Didn’t know there was more than one, so will need to track another one down.
Honored Contributor

There are employees whose job it is to restock merchandise. They get paid to do it. I have two former students who have had that job. They both liked it because they didn’t have to deal with customers, just put stuff back where it belongs. Some of it is returned merchandise, not all due to being left at a scanner. WM is just too cheap to maintain the machines.
Honored Contributor

The app I have doesn’t work most of the time anyway...it comes up invalid or the price will be $0.00