Honored Contributor

The lighting setup is clever, but cone trees are not for me.  The light patterns remind me of a neon sign.

The bottom of this tree is loose and will swing in the wind. It was moving back and forth on the set.  Prongs going into the ground are not long enough to keep it straight or from falling over in high winds.  I've had experience with that.  

They said the lights send "signals" to all the other lights.  What if one goes out for any reason?  What happens to the rest?

And yes, someone stealing them is a possibility unless chain locked to something close that can't be removed.  That's not even foolproof these days.  

I wouldn't pay any price for these trees.  Look like a big headache to me.

Clark Griswold would like them, though.

Respected Contributor

I agree with the concern that these “trees” are not sturdy enough for a snowy, windy season and the ease of theft. If one is lucky enough to have a closed porch or sun room facing the street, that might be a nice way to share the holiday spirit with the neighbors without the worry. They are pricey, but as with all new decor technology, competition will eventually lower the price. Remember how expensive the bliss lights were when they debuted. Then the competition forced the price down. Those were candy for thieves too. Do they even make them anymore?

Esteemed Contributor

I can picture one of those flashing trees on either side of a neon sign that says "Joe's Diner - Open 24 Hours"

Honored Contributor

@summergal1 wrote:
Wow. $250 or $400 😳. That’s a lot of money. Perhaps instead you sponsor a family for Christmas 🤔❤️

While that's a nice sentiment, it's not realistic.

QVC is a retail sales business to make money, not a charity.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@summergal1  Or perhaps we could spend our time volunteering at a soup kitchen instead of reading the QVC forums!

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

No one should be shamed for spending their money for any item they want.

Come on , be kind. I’m sure the OP’S heart was in the right place. Save the snarky for when it counts.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I can picture one of those flashing trees on either side of a neon sign that says "Joe's Diner - Open 24 Hours"

yep, right from the start I thought these would be more attractive to, and 'fitting' in a business display than a private home.