Honored Contributor

Pressure Cooker Scare in San Francisco

Part of the city was shut down this morning.

A Muni bus driver spotted a pressure cooker at one of his bus stops near Market St. and called it in.

The police responded immediately, shut down the area, locked down buildings and business in the area and cleared traffic.

The bomb squad was called in.  It took awhile for all of this to progress but it was determined there was no bomb inside.

WHO THE HECK LEAVES A PRESSURE COOKER IN PLAIN SIGHT AT A BUS STOP?  I hope whoever did it was caught on cameras.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pressure Cooker Scare in San Francisco

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

Part of the city was shut down this morning.

A Muni bus driver spotted a pressure cooker at one of his bus stops near Market St. and called it in.

The police responded immediately, shut down the area, locked down buildings and business in the area and cleared traffic.

The bomb squad was called in.  It took awhile for all of this to progress but it was determined there was no bomb inside.

WHO THE HECK LEAVES A PRESSURE COOKER IN PLAIN SIGHT AT A BUS STOP?  I hope whoever did it was caught on cameras.

@Noel7

Complete and utter idiots who get a rush from this kind of stupidity! Woman Mad

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

Probably the same idiotic mentality as those dressing up like scary clowns!  Unbelievable how things are getting beyond the point of insanity!  I wish this would stop!  Be safe, Noel....and that goes for all of us!

Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

Probably the same idiotic mentality as those dressing up like scary clowns!  Unbelievable how things are getting beyond the point of insanity!  I wish this would stop!  Be safe, Noel....and that goes for all of us!

Thank you @shell garden

My daughter was right there for a meeting, in lockdown.  I was in contact with her, letting her know the news developments, they were getting nothing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

Thank you @shell garden

My daughter was right there for a meeting, in lockdown.  I was in contact with her, letting her know the news developments, they were getting nothing.

Momma Grizzly bear, NOEL.....protecting her young!  You go girl!  Glad DD is safe!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shell garden wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

Thank you @shell garden

Momma Grizzly bear, NOEL.....protecting her young!  You go girl!  Glad DD is safe!

Thank you @shell garden Woman Happy

She was at a 9/11 target site in 2001 (in the Congressional building) so this had to have been rough on her.

Whew, I'm glad it's over.  I'd like to kick whatever jerk it was who put people through that today.

Honored Contributor

I guess if you want to clear a path through a crowd nowadays, you go to the kitchen, get your pressure cooker, tuck it under your arm and you've got it made.  Pretty soon you'll need references and a FBI check to buy one from QVC.  I wonder if we have terrorists watching ITKWD?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

A forgetful cook?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Noel7 So glad to hear your DD is OK. How scary that is and leaves you will frazzled nerves. Hope the rest of your day is more relaxing!

Respected Contributor

I expect there will be more like this - real and scares.

I honestly thought there would be a consideration of banning pressure cookers after the first use of them as a bomb!

Terrorism includes just SCARING people, even without physically harming.

Then you have some who just think it's FUNNY.

Hyacinth