Trusted Contributor

Re: President Kennedy Assassinated 57 Yrs. Ago Today

@KKJ wrote:

@naturalfan wrote:

Reelz TV had Kennedy specials on all day yesterday and I found myself tearing up even after all these years have gone by.

I watched those too. Did you watch the JFK Smoking Gun one where they claim one of his Secret Service agents was responsible for the 3rd fatal shot to JFK?  A different theory from the many others out there.

I don't know - I think anything is possible but I do think there is more to the story than we will ever know.  I am not a conspiracy theory believer but I do think there is something more here.  Even though I was just a kid at the time, I do remember thinking even then that he was a handsome man.  First President who did not look like a grandpa.

Honored Contributor

@naturalfan He had great charm and was very witty. I was only 11 yrs old when he died but before that I would always watch his press conferences with my dad because I so enjoyed his witty remarks!

And yes, he was handsome. After his death I stopped watching press conferences because LBJ's were so boring in contrast. 

Regular Contributor

I will never forget. I was 21 years old and into the beginning of my first year of teaching. Even now, the memory of that sad day and the days that followed is fresh in my mind. My last year of teaching began with the bombing of the trade center towers and the Pentagon. I'll always remember both events and how they affected our United States.My heart will always belong to my wonderful country.❤️

Honored Contributor

So I live in NYC and listen to a sports radio show, Craig Carton and Evan Roberts. Now Evan is a history buff, Carton was talking about the date's meaning. Now Carton was referencing the eight year anniversary of Mark Sanchez's from the Jets butt fumble. Evan says on this date something more important happened. I kid you not, Carton had no clue. I think the the school system failed him not to know about this.

Respected Contributor

Like so many here I remember that day and the entire weekend. I was 13 years old and in the 8th grade. Right after recess our teacher Sister Edwards was called out of the classroom. When she returned she told us what had happened. We all got on our knees and began to pray. So many tears were shed that weekend. Saw Oswald shot on national TV on Sunday. And Monday 11/25 was so incredibly sad glued to the TV watching every moment. To my dying day I will not forget this weekend and the sadness that I felt for many days to come. It is hard to believe that this could have happened in the United States.