Honored Contributor

Re: President Kennedy Assassinated 57 Yrs. Ago Today

Kennedy was looking at a hard election and a possible loss at the time, which prompted the trip to Dallas.

We forget that there have been many divisive times in our country's history, and we have come together for the country when it was needed.  I hope this will remind us that we are first Americans, and we all are needed in a cooperative and constructive way if we are to continue to work toward our goals. 

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee  Dion lives inBoca Raton, Fl and still performs. Saw him perform a few songs as a guest of The Fab Faux, great Beatles Tribute band.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The Umbrella Academy's second season was all centered around the assassination of JFK.  I wasn't born yet so I have no personal connection.

Honored Contributor

@Zaimee  I saw a Beatles imitation band in Sarasota a few years ago but I don't think it was that band.

Dion is still married to his wife. They were married in 1963!

Esteemed Contributor

I was in high school at the time.  I remember my fourth period class was ending and the kids who had the early lunch period were arriving for the next class.  There was a commotion as they began telling everyone, including the teacher, that the President had been shot.  They had heard it on the radio while at lunch.  I went to my next class, and the teacher was crying.  

My next strong memory of that day was standing at a bus stop that afternoon and seeing newspapers with the terrible headlines.  I can still see those papers in my mind, with the pinkish paper that was used for the early edition. 

As someone else said, our country has been through some tough times before and we've managed to come through it all.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Kennedy was looking at a hard election and a possible loss at the time, which prompted the trip to Dallas.

We forget that there have been many divisive times in our country's history, and we have come together for the country when it was needed.  I hope this will remind us that we are first Americans, and we all are needed in a cooperative and constructive way if we are to continue to work toward our goals. 

@Sooner  Well we haven't been recently so I for one don't appreciate  your reminder now.  Let's stick to the subject of the thread which is not about divisiveness but about the assassination.

Honored Contributor

I was about 8 years old....I did not understand really what was going on at the time

Esteemed Contributor

I remember it like yesterday. America was never the same after he was killed by "mysterious people" - not Lee Harvey Oswald.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I remember it so well,  just a kid at the time.

@goldensrbest ... I was too, but that was something we cannot ever forget.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner  Well we haven't been recently so I for one don't appreciate  your reminder now.  Let's stick to the subject of the thread which is not about divisiveness but about the assassination.

@Pearlee You never like anything I post, so no surprise here.  Please show your badge when policing the boards.