Regular Contributor

Presented ON Leah's Show Today

I double checked a few items I saw this AM. Most reviews were only 2 stars so I decided not to order these items.  There would be fewer returns if the hosts would tell the truth about the products.  Every thing is not always perfect as the presentations lead me to believe.  But I guess they are not permitted to say anything derogatory about the product.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Presented ON Leah's Show Today

@dmeasy  Are you kidding me?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dmeasy   Well, that's what the reviews are for.  I wouldn't expect a "salesperson" aka the host to be perfectly honest about any item he or she is selling.

As always, buyer beware!

Trusted Contributor

Welllllllllll, I really don't think a host is going to say all the possible negative things.  After all, they are trying to sell not deter you from buying. I saw the Susan Graver sweater and also checked the reviews. Yes, low stars, however, the reviews complained the sweater was too thin/light. That is EXACTLY the sweaters I like to buy. It's in my Wish List for the next Free Shipping day. It's personal preference, what works for some may not work for others. It's not about perfect "for all". It's up to the customer to check the garment measurements, the fabric, the style, as well as the reviews. From there, we make our decision. 

With that said, sometimes they can go overboard but I don't believe they are lying. They are all salespeople. They are going to push all the positives. 

Honored Contributor

@dmeasy   The reviews are there to hopefully help shoppers make their own personal decisions.  A salesperson is not there to highlight deficiencies of a product, especially from very subjective online "reviews."

The presentation is there to sell the item.  That's it. 

The informed shopper has to be smart to notice what's being glossed over, not mentioned at all, doesn't have some features they specifically want, get bad reviews, etc.  

Honored Contributor

They are there to sell the items, not to tell the truth,buyer beware.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

Reviews can be all over the map. I've purchased things with bad reviews & have been happy with them. I've purchased things with rave reviews & have not been happy with them.

I find it helpful seeing clothes on different body types & being informed as to what size they are wearing.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure the host is not going to tell you if something is a one or two star item.

Super Contributor

Why you expect her to do that,did it ever occur to you that reviewer could be lying as well. She is doing the job she is suppose to do. They do suggest as to weather to go up or down on a size which is helpful. We expect to much from a shopping channel.

Honored Contributor

@dmeasy 

Not sure which items you were checking....

Here is the actual of the items in her show.....

1)   5 stars 

4)   4 stars 

3)   3 stars 

2)   2 stars

3)   NO reviews yet at all

Most reviews were NOT 2 stars ....and some of the low ratings had nothing to do w/ the item at all!  Service related.