Super Contributor

Has anyone ordered prescription sunglasses from companies online?

The new Wal-Mart locally has a vision center, has anyone gotten glasses from them?

Super Contributor

I've gotten glasses at the W. In fact they were so much less expensive than my regular optician's store, I got a pair and a spare.

The optician did a good job of fitting the frames and balancing the progressive lenses. Very professional and pleasant.

Super Contributor

Thanks, Anglophilly, I think I'll wander in and see what they have. You're right, the regular opticians are soooo expensive.

Honored Contributor

I looked at Walmart's glasses but didn't find anything I liked. The lady there was extremely helpful, whereas I (and two others) got ignored at the wonderful Costco. A poster here posted a picture of a glass style I really liked. I found it on sale at an optical company in Canada, ordered and received it last week. I'm going to have the lenses made at Walmart.

Here are the ones I got, in teal.

http://www.contactlensclub.us/fysh-uk-fysh-3488.html?fee=20&fep=75132&gclid=CMWr36Sq3sMCFQ4vaQodAx0A...

Thank you BonAtTheBeach!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My wife has used Walmart for her contact lenses and also for her transitional prescription glasses. She first went with sun glasses and than decided to try the Transitional ones and she likes them much better.

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

I got the best vision test ever at the Sam's Club where I belong, but I am sure that can vary. The eyeglass selection there is quite extensive and I have found the pricing very reasonable compared to other places I have been.

In Sunny AZ
Esteemed Contributor

my current glasses are from Walmart....it was a very pleasant experience....

Respected Contributor

I don't buy prescription sunglasses any longer. I buy the type of sunglasses that FIT OVER my prescription glasses. I buy them from Amazon and there are many to choose from.

Saves a lot of money.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I just went there for my check up and got new lenses.

My assessment: I was given a choice of Walmart or Sears by my insurance. Very upset as I usually get more of a choice.

I have two Walmarts so I went to the one I shop at for my check up. The doctor was nice and I got the same prescription for glasses as the last check up three years ago.

I wanted to keep the frames and just get new lenses, the girl kept asking if I wanted to get sunglasses to use the frame part of my benefit but I told her NO. She was concerned about me paying out of pocket for anything and ordered the lenses.

I owed $75.00 for the out of pocket for the visit and part of the lenses and handed her a $100 bill. She looked at it and asked what's that? I said MONEY? She took it and said, "we never get that here".

Well, a week later the glasses came and I picked them up and tried them on and was fitted and took them off and wore my other pair home. Once I was home, I put the new lenses on in my home, there was something really wrong with the lenses. I could see a ghosting of all my windows above the windows in my home. The bottom outside edges were not clear and were not usable to see though like gray fog. I called and took them back. There was a manager there when I returned and he looked though the lenses which looked good in the good light at the store, except when we looked at the lights in the ceiling which he could see two sets of lights on the ceiling also. He ordered new lenses and added an additional coating to make the glass anti reflective, which my old lenses had.

The new lenses came in and they are perfect. I am now going to go back and take another old set of frames I love and have the prescription put in them.

My thoughts on the experience: The first girl ordered the least expensive lenses for my glasses, The manager told me it was similar to driving a Jaguar and then driving a Nisan Versa. He upgraded them to mid line lenses when he reordered them. They are so used to price conscious customers they are not even taking into account customers who are being forced to go there expecting or wanting something better. Since she didn't even give me a option or even telling me what she was ordering, I didn't have a choice.

Now that I know how it is I am armed for next time. They do have options, just ask.

Honored Contributor
Thanks Essie, I'll keep your experience in mind when I go to Walmart and order mine. I got the best glasses I ever owned at Sears.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment