Honored Contributor

Re: Pres Bush 41's Last Journey

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Is he going to be buried with Barbara?   If not, where is she buried?

After, he will be taken by train to the George Bush Presidential Library at Texas A&M University. His final resting place will be alongside Barbara Bush, his wife of 73 years who died in April, and Robin Bush, the daughter they lost to leukemia in 1953 at age 3.

Taken from new article

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

So very lovely. Every bit of it done with grace and love.

Honored Contributor

Dignity and grace throughout this difficult process, beautiful tributes, ...makes me so proud of our country.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

So sad to see  a "cartoon/drawing" of Pres. Bush joining Mrs. Bush with Robin in heaven.  "We were waiting for you."   RIP 

That really tugged at my heart.  So simple but it said everything......

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Dignity and grace throughout this difficult process, beautiful tributes, ...makes me so proud of our country.  

@phoenixbrd  I agree with you ,  wat hing it today had me on the verge if tears many times.   Tears of being proud of our country and of this wonderful kind great American.  When George W said the euleology I lost it 😭

Honored Contributor

I watched all of it and thought all the speakers were wonderful  It was everything a funeral should be in my mind. 

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Is he going to be buried with Barbara?   If not, where is she buried?

The 70-mile journey to College Station, Texas will take about 2-1/2 hours on Thursday; College Station is home to Texas A&M University, where Bush's Presidential Library and his family burial plot are located.

Ceremonies at the presidential library will include a missing man formation flyover. The casket will then be rolled along a path through woods, over a bridge and over a creek for burial during a private graveside service with Bush's family.

Honored Contributor

That sounds so fitting, @MorningLover.  The "missing man" formation is so appropriate, and always such a poignant tribute...

Respected Contributor

TRAIN 4l4l has left Spring, TX en route to College Station and to the  President's burial amongst family.  

The train has a plexiglass window in the car with the casket and the honor guard for all to see in as the procession passes by.  good to see regular folks on the side ot the tracks watching and waving and saluting, flags on display.

my heart goes out to the family - this is the end of quite a life and a celebration of it, all  has been done beautifully but for them serious mourning remains.   prayers up.

Respected Contributor

image.pngimage.pngimage.png