Esteemed Contributor

I park far away from the stores... love the walk. I do this rain or shine. Just me I guess. And seems less likely way out there. I feel my car is safer there as well.

Talking about signs.... one of our rest stops has a sign.... Hybrid vehicles ONLY... right up front. I parked my Prius there once and took a picture.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/9/2014 VCamp2748 said:

Oh, great, now there's going to be an argument, er, ah, discussion about who should get special parking privileges.

Not every topic has to be an argument does it?

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor
On 4/9/2014 physicsnut said:

And the ""entitlements"" continue....

Trusted Contributor

Not every topic should be an argument but it happens a lot of the time. I've seen UGLY crock-pot threads, panty hose, tattoo's, beer bottles, etc. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Edit, I don't think I've seen a pregnant parking space, but I have seen senior parking spaces.

Super Contributor
On 4/9/2014 Cranberries said:

Not every topic should be an argument but it happens a lot of the time. I've seen UGLY crock-pot threads, panty hose, tattoo's, beer bottles, etc. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

And lets not forget strapless wedding gowns!

Super Contributor
On 4/9/2014 Silver Lotus said:

They are not endorsed by law enforcement so I've been known to use them if I need a parking place and they are the only thing left within a decent distance from the store.

I'm not sure what "endorsed" by law enforcement means. I've never seen a sign saying the police are in favor of parking restrictions.

Personally, I don't care if there is special parking for pregnant women. I prefer to park a little further away and walk. Every extra step you can get in during the day is a good thing.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/9/2014 stilltamn8r said:
On 4/9/2014 Cranberries said:

And lets not forget strapless wedding gowns!

I do remember an ugly toast thread. Yes that innocent breakfast food toast!

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

A toast thread? WOW!

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/9/2014 Jannabelle said:

Many restaurants have special parking for those getting take out, lol.....I never got that, if they are ordering that much, have someone help them with it.

Some chain restaurants (Cheesecake Factory, for example) have reserved spots for take out orders. You call ahead, place your order, pay by credit card, and they tell you what time your order will be ready. You can park in one of those temporary spots, and a runner will bring your food to where you're parked. You give him a tip and pull out. Transaction complete. They're not supposed to be for people who eat inside the restaurant.

If I were Queen of the World, there would be a lot of tickets given out to people who blatantly park in designated spots such as for the handicapped. They are the ones who think rules and laws were made for others.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

I think the spots are ridiculous and they are a newer addition to parking lots.

If your pregnancy is that bad, you can get a handicapped spot.