Respected Contributor
On 4/9/2014 Free2be said:

Am I reading resentment in this thread? Nah, what woman would resent such a small thing, especially for women heavy with child, with the weight pressing down, probably with constant back ache and a wish that she didn't need to go to the store at all?

Is she walking throughout the store? Then she can walk to it. If not, then a handicapped permit is in order.

What worries you masters you.
Super Contributor

the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy were so miserable, and I still had to shop- I was so incredibly swollen from the waist down that my feet went from size 5 to size 8 and it felt like I had knives going up into them. .Every step was excruciating- I would have LOVED to have had this convenience for those few times I really needed it...

Valued Contributor

Am I reading resentment in this thread? Nah, what woman would resent such a small thing, especially for women heavy with child, with the weight pressing down, probably with constant back ache and a wish that she didn't need to go to the store at all?

Not on my part, just curiosity.....after she has the baby will she have special parking? Of course she weighs less, but still a job to get a newborn into the store, plus any other tots.

Honored Contributor

Because, there's nothing special or unique about that. Being the mom of two, I can relate but guess what? Half the adult population suffers with bad backs, bad knees, bladder issues, fatigue. Should we turn every parking lot into one big "special" lot for anyone and everyone who isn't feeling up to par???

Super Contributor
On 4/9/2014 Jannabelle said:
On 4/9/2014 reese ~ said:
On 4/9/2014 nunya said:

I don't care where people park, just don't ding my car.

LOL!

Excuse the OT, but Reese, I have been thinking of a poster from the past, I believe her name was luv2shop, she went through a divorce and shared with us.....if that was not you, or you don't care to say so ignore, ignore, ignore,lol.

No problem, Janna, we used to tease each other all the time about people getting us mixed up! She was a redhead, I'm a brunette. lol

You're right, she was luv2shop, I was luvs2shop, with an "s". She was a sweetheart and was going through a very difficult time in her personal life. I think about her often and wish she would post just to let those of us who cared about her know that she is ok.

Valued Contributor
On 4/9/2014 stilltamn8r said:

the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy were so miserable, and I still had to shop- I was so incredibly swollen from the waist down that my feet went from size 5 to size 8 and it felt like I had knives going up into them. .Every step was excruciating- I would have LOVED to have had this convenience for those few times I really needed it...

I can imagine how uncomfortable it was for you! Today I'm fighting a fever of 103 that doesn't want to go down, intestinal upset that makes 10 minutes away from a bathroom impossible, and a body that hurts all over, even my hair. I have no other adult in my house and all my friends work long hours. I had to drive myself to the doctor and then to the pharmacy, walk past all of those pregnancy parking spaces, and felt like I might just pass out in order to get the meds I need. There are many people who are temporarily disabled, every step being painful, and unfortunately they walk anyway. I guess it's all about how tough you are or expected by society to be.

Respected Contributor
On 4/9/2014 Moonlady said:
On 4/9/2014 happy housewife said: The fact is that the more a pregnant woman walks the better, those spots are nothing but pandering to these women. What they should have are spots where a parent with 3+ kids can park and then a special cart she can use to corral them all waiting for her at that spot.

Yes. I certainly didn't consider myself disabled during my pregnancies.

IMO, they're ridiculous. It's a courtesy and not enforceable, BTW. So the elderly who are not handicapped can feel free to park there if they so choose.

Oh no, another OT lol......but I saw a woman last week driving a car with a handicapped tag, park beside a handicap parking spot....maybe she was driving someone else s car, she was not visibly handicapped.

It is possible the handicap tag is for a family member and not her.....just because a person has the permit or tag to use while transporting family members doesn't give them the right to use it when the handicap person is not with them.....sadly I believe too many are guilty of abusing those tags/permits....I actually work with a person who does this all the time...the tags are for when her husband is in the car not her alone....saying something to her only caused hard feelings because she felt it wasn't any of my business where she parks.

Valued Contributor
On 4/9/2014 nunya said:

I don't care where people park, just don't ding my car.

LOL!

Excuse the OT, but Reese, I have been thinking of a poster from the past, I believe her name was luv2shop, she went through a divorce and shared with us.....if that was not you, or you don't care to say so ignore, ignore, ignore,lol.

No problem, Janna, we used to tease each other all the time about people getting us mixed up! She was a redhead, I'm a brunette. lol

You're right, she was luv2shop, I was luvs2shop, with an "s". She was a sweetheart and was going through a very difficult time in her personal life. I think about her often and wish she would post just to let those of us who cared about her know that she is ok.

Thanks, Reese, I just had to know,lol....I would love to hear how she is doing too.

Respected Contributor

Well, I don't see a pregnant woman as being handicapped anymore than pregnancy being categorized as a medical condition. It's a temporary natural condition and not as if any woman will be appreciating the closer parking more than a few months if that, more likely a matter of weeks, even days.

What causes women to be so hard on other women to the point of unnecessarily forcing a hardship on them? I don't even want to understand that level of cold heartedness.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought Target has pregnancy spaces? Maybe Im wrong and its another store? Anyway, when I was pregnant I walked. Youre not supposed to sit around but if there is a woman having problems w her pregnancy let her park in a special space. It doesn't bother me.

As far as cancer patients and all they can get a handicap tag to use temporarily if their Dr fills out the form.

I have a handicap tag due to back issues. But as I posted before on here if my back was good when I had shots in my spine I did NOT use the space because I figure there are people worse off then me. To this day, I ONLY use my tag IF I am having a bad day of pain but really when I am in bad pain I usually just stay HOME because I cant move or go out shopping anyway! So I rarely use mine is what I am saying.

I will say this, I get sick of people judging others on the use of those tags. There are people with heart problems and such that don't "look" physically ill but ARE.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles