Honored Contributor

Hi Y 'all. Trying to research this. SIL just called and insisted that FedEX and everyone are now on strike. This is not a political statement. She said needed to order paper products and necessities now from Sam's club. Just trying to find the truth. I was waiting for October sales before ordering anything. I don't like people spreading false information and causing panic.🙄😯

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

Hi Y 'all. Trying to research this. SIL just called and insisted that FedEX and everyone are now on strike. This is not a political statement. She said needed to order paper products and necessities now from Sam's club. Just trying to find the truth. I was waiting for October sales before ordering anything. I don't like people spreading false information and causing panic.🙄😯

@SouthernBee , the only thing I have heard is that the east coast shipping ports workers will go on strike tonight at midnight. 

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate : Thanks. I thought it was midnight. She insisted already happened and FedEx had already pulled the trucks. The FedEx site indicated trying to make safe deliveries with all the storm issues and any other emergency.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@loveschocolate : Thanks. I thought it was midnight. She insisted already happened and FedEx had already pulled the trucks. The FedEx site indicated trying to make safe deliveries with all the storm issues and any other emergency.

@SouthernBee wrote:

@SouthernBee , I know USPS has suspended deliveries here until further notice. 

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate : USPS has suspended delivery in several counties or areas  in Georgia due to the storm damage.

Esteemed Contributor

I am hoping this does not jeopardize needed drugs or equipment.  Wonder what our stockpile is.  We have a basement area well stocked with stuff, but I think I will make a supermarket trip in the am - and will have plenty of company.

Honored Contributor

Hi Y'all. Today remembering my precious Mother on what would have been her 111th birthday. She died in 1977 when I was 22 .DH said that I had the wrong information but she was born in 1913 and married Dad in 1935. My brother was born in 1949 and me in 1954. Time and precious memories.❤