Honored Contributor

@geezerette : Thank you for the kind words. Researching home health care. I need to contact my primary care doctor for several things and concerns.

I just took the pain medication Tramadol 50 mg and praying for no side effects.

Doctor posted all his notes from yesterday in the patient portal. Showed all my visits from 2003- 2010.Had a long list of medical terms for my problems. I have looked them all up and wrote everything down to put in my folder for future reading and since I can't remember everything.

Interesting that I was treated for carpel  tunnel and trigger finger about one year after I retired.

Also documented that I am dealing with several forms of arthritis that affects more than 4 joints. What I need to do: Lose this recently gained weight and more. Indicated the best exercise is walking, but currently difficult to stand up.I have a lot of praying and research to do.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

It sounds like you have a lot of reading ahead of you!  I commend you for taking a proactive role in your own healthcare.

It's tough when you have multiple issues to deal with and many interfere with others.  Hopefully your pain medication will help.

I'm wondering if there is some sort of online community for people in  similar circumstances that could offer some suggestions about exercise, diet, or even medications, etc. when you're dealing with these particular physical limitations.

Hoping things work out for you.🤞❤️

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

dear predsHeart  and friendsHeart

@MyShadowLove @tiny 2 @SouthernBee @Yahooey @geezerette @dooBdoo @loveschocolate @JaneMarple @Bri369 @Mj12 

I have gotten word Friday that a younger sister 74 years old passed away FridaySmiley Sad

Pancake sis has already caused problems for me.Telling me that  our niece  and her dad    don't Smiley Surprisedwant me there!

I don't think i will be able to go as the drive is 4 hours away  and wake is Wed. afternoon...then go back to hotel room,

then Funeral Thursday..and not sure if another night stay at motel....then 4 hour drive back!

All that riding,stress from wake&furneral, plus sitting at funeral home  will be good for my fibro  and arthritis in my  neck, back and right hip!Smiley Frustrated

lubs ya!Heart

My condolences, @cowboy sam.

I hope the extra stress brought on by "pancake sis" will subside.  It sounds like something you can't change or control, something that sadly will be a constant, but perhaps you can sort of put that in a separate compartment, set it aside, and not allow the noise to affect you too much.  I know that can sound simple, but more often than not is difficult-to-impossible.  I pray for a more peaceful family environment, and I pray for all of you who love your sister who has passed away.

Her legacy will be a light you and your other family members carry forward, in remembrance and in love.

Be gentle with yourself.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@cowboy sam 

Aww, I'm sorry you're dealing with so much stress and not feeling well.  I think when we're stressed we tend to gravitate towards comfort foods but those are often the ones that aren't the best for our systems.  And I think as we age we become more sensitive to a lot of foods--speaking for myself, here.☺️

You can only stand so much pressure, so maybe be there for your daughter and let pancake sis deal with her own problems for a while.😉

And yes, I can relate to what you're going through as I've got something similar going on right now myself.  And I'm about to give up on the whole thing because I can't go on much longer worrying without making myself sick.  So yes, I'll join you with @Yahooey for a nice relaxing vacation!  😎

Take care.  Lubs ya!❤️

85F8046F-1240-47B7-9BEA-48FAEFDE823E.gif

Sending love your way, (((@geezerette.))).

May your path be made smooth and more peaceful, may your heart and soul be comforted.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

(((@gloriajean)))  Praying that you and your husband are feeling better, healthier, and stronger with each day that passes.❤️

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@tiny 2 

i dont remember if u posted with us before... anyway...

Unknown.jpeg

Lovely to see you here, @tiny 2!!!

Flowers

Honored Contributor

Oh, my goodness, dear @SouthernBee

You have so much to process, yet you are so calm, good-natured, and positive, clearly tackling each issue systematically and sensibly. 

Something I learned when I was dealing with disabling anxiety and worry was to write down the problems, then list practical ideas for each one.

It helped me to be organized on paper and it also in the process organized my thoughts and calmed my anxiety. 

Sounds like you're doing that same thing. 

You're getting good information and your new clinic and doctor sound like the absolute best of the best. 

There are state, local, and federal resources that might have options to assist you, and as @geezerette mentioned I wonder if there are online groups that might offer practical support.

My heart is with you, @SouthernBee!❤️

Honored Contributor

(((! @gloriajean ))) ❤️ 🙏 

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

every time ai see u post

hello-dog.gif

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

ai seez u

images.jpeg