Honored Contributor

Good Morning Y'all. Decided to have groceries delivered today instead of tomorrow morning. Just noticed that my last two orders with tip are about $120, per week and what is sad: No meat was purchased.😯😮 Just household essentials, fresh produce, dairy , frozen vegetables and pantry staples. I try to order the store brand or purchase preferred name brand items when on sale.

Nothing special planned for today. Will be doing laundry and looking at the kitchen cabinets to clean out and organizing.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

I feel your pricing pain!  It's just me and the animals and I'm spending $100 for essentials almost every week even buying cheaper store brands.

Some things have gone down a little (not many), but it seems like those that have gone up have really gone up!  

It worries me.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette : I totally agree and understand. I tried the store brand for the Gas X that I need and didn't help. Will be searching for the larger amounts and best price. Considering that I am having issues will start a notebook on prices and doing a lot more research.  Friend mentioned that store sales not great and less coupons .  Stated she is shopping the Dollar store more, but I have to use my places with free delivery. 

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

I know a lot of people around here shop at the dollar stores, but I've never found their prices to be much less than Walmart pricing.  Many things are more.  I do wish I could find things there that I use because I have a Dollar General just a couple of miles away, which would save me from driving into town all the time.

About the only store I have is Walmart, so that's where I buy pretty much everything--groceries, etc.  I do get some things at Amazon, but just what I can't find at Walmart (usually because they've quit carrying certain things I use).  

I used to like shopping, in person and even online, but now I just find it to be a nuisance to have to do when I need things.  I must be getting old.  That, and I don't like to spend money anymore because everything has gotten so expensive!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette : Totally agree. I was on line looking at Dollar Store items. Not impressed, several items are in smaller sizes and amounts. I shop Walmart, Sam's Club, Amazon and only Publix sale items or something not available with WM. We are using the Sams club brands for bulk paper towels, toilet tissue, Kleenex , garbage bags, and disinfectant wipes and purchase extra when  coupons are available. 

We reduced our cable bill $50,DH strict about his sports and not interested in any streaming devices or whatever the other stuff is called. 

DH said last night that DD will probably be needing more help with groceries.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

Your DD is very fortunate to have you and DH.  You're very good to her.🩷

Honored Contributor

@geezerette @SouthernBee 

I think because of stores raising prices  is why last week my 2 friends and I ....didn't want to go into Walmary or other big groc store ....but next day when we stopped at the 2d store prices were higher then Walmarts...but i went in got  only 4 items ,paid for them and returned to car!

If i would have gone into Walmart...i would have spent more money  and got more items!

Pancake  sis has stopped a few times  at Dollar Tree  or Dollar General...and i have bought just things i need...i don't like thinking about going into the larger stores any more!

Smiley Sad

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

dear predsHeart  and friendsHeart

@geezerette @SouthernBee @Yahooey @MyShadowLove @qualitygal . 

It is now March!Time  changes again the 10th i think....

I am staying home today...as pancake sis and friend goes to a fish fry for lunch  during Lint....and its best i don't smell the fish !Smiley Frustrated

My day didn't start off good..fibro flare  up  and m. spasms in right thigh &right hip while trying to get out of bed at 1:30 a.m.  i'm walking ok now but not  sure if i will get dressed...i think my couch,elec. heating pad  and sherpa blankie will help.

Enjoy your dayHeart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam 

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear you're hurting today.🥺  

I'll bet this weird hot/cold weather is making things hard for you.  I know I've had headaches for days on end lately because of the changing weather.  It seems like every few hours it goes from one extreme to another.  And the wind!  I know it's that time of year for wind as we go into spring, but the wind we've had has been really bad!

You stay on the couch today with a nice blankie, a few snacks and your tv.  Maybe take a nap.  Hope you feel better soon.🤞

Lubs ya!❣️

Honored Contributor

@geezerette @cowboy sam @SouthernBee 

I think zoe's food cost more than mine

when i was cooking - i tend to buy chick thighs on sale for 99 or 1.29 / lb

that is a good deal

zoe's food - bc of her kidney issues - auto delivery - over $200.00 every 5 weeks

but i lubs her

all i'm eating at home if i'm preparing are frozen foods i have made prior for this situation - or big bags of stuff i got from BJ

large bag of frozen veg - bc i used to buy fresh but since i dont cook much - it will get slimey and wasteful 

large bag of honey wings - i just nuke it - it is fatty since the grease isn't baked off but toaster oven takes forever and a day

i tend to buy large qtys of essentails bc i dont want to deal with it weekly

paper towels - napkions - TP  - jugs of Dawn - u know what i mean jellybean?