Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT @I am sorry that you went through such a terrible storm...your family is okay and you have minimal damage so much to be thankful for.I can't  imagine how frightened you must have been and pray that there are no more storms coming your way.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Wish me luck.  Trying to make homemade potato chips.  

Your chips look soooo good.I wouldn't be able to stop eating them.

Honored Contributor

Good morning!  I had trouble logging on.  This website.  ThePits.

Homemade potato chips!  SO good.  We made some a few years ago.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@SouthernBee 

I feel for you - I never had anyone demand certain gifts from me and and then blatantly say - the hurtful things she said after it was given. Can you stop the exchanging of gifts? I know some families love doing it. 

I no longer exchange any gifts with anyone friends or family - with 2 exceptions which I will get to later. When I was a young adult - I always gave gifts. From my vacations to friends and family - each person got something and not each family got something - each person. It could be a keychain or tshirt. But I was young, got a job and traveled to Disney - hey I was an adult.

As time passes - I finally said to the few friends - let's stop exchanging - let's hang out for the special occasion whether BD or holiday and do something fun. We each pay our own way and it may be a movie - dinner etc. No pressure shopping - person stuck with something but all the goodness of celebrating.

Same with family - only exchange with kids - KIDS! Once they graduate college -done. I really felt bad for my niece. For the past 10 years or so - her gift was a combo of BD and Christmas. A Broadway show + dinner and anything else we eat or do along the way. I love hanging out with her but I told her duirng her November BD that it will be the last time. She understood. Whatever I give her would be an exception. Nephew is now a senior I think - with the pandemic, who knows what is happening with credits.

Anyway - yes my niece received her knitted socks and sheep. Yes - I gave her a generous gift card as she entered her acct number for her fav food place to eat - making sure the acct name will be correct. Yes - she gave me something for xmas and my BD. She is very thoughtful and sweet. I don't expect her to spend money on me but she always manages to do something. That's why when she visits - she gets a baked treat to take home - brownies or biscotti.

If I went on an int'l trip (it's been a while) I may bring back food items - candy or cookies. It is eaten and poof - gone. 

I think forgoing gift exchanges is a "gift" in itself, @Yahooey (with as you said some exceptions).  Relieves pressure, eliminates stress.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Preds and Friends!

@Southern Bee, you have the patience of a saint. Heart

@PamfromCT  so gald you're safe.  These storms can be brutal.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey 

It sounds like you have such a special relationship with your neiceHeart

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

PGood morning Lovelies,

Hope everyone is ok!  That storm sure packed a punch.

Ah, CT, the land of trees.  So very many power outages in our state, trees fallen/uprooted.  We are fine, having bought a generator years ago, powered by gas.  We have a well, septic system, etc in the outback here.  If you lose power, no water,  no flush.  Everyone ok, but it will take quite a while before the many hundreds of thousands of outage sites are fixed.  Luckily, seems very small loss of life.  Just some branches in our yard, Glad we had some major $$$ tree work done not too long ago.  We had tornado warnings, but thankfully no hits in state I know of.

Love to all YOU GUYS.  Hope you are all ok.  I am saying TY prayers to our Creator.  

What a frightening ordeal, @PamfromCT.  I'm glad y'all are ok.  These storms are awful, and adding the coronavirus concerns during rescue and recovery and cleanup in the aftermath is a nightmare.  We went though that, here, with the April tornados.

I'm with you in my prayers of gratitude.  Love to you, too.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

Pondering how we celebrate this particular "national day"...
🤔