Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Precious Preds and Special Friends: All furniture will be delivered on Saturday- yes! Got to get busy. Bad day just got better! 😀❤️❤️Southern Bee

@SouthernBee  YAY!!! 

@SouthernBee 

Hello, SB!  I understand totally.

Hope SIL is Gone before you beautiful new furniture comes!

We need photos!

Everyone:

Is SO hot and humid here!  

Hope you are nice and COOL!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe : Also dealing with hot and humid weather. Yesterday afternoon was first time without any rain and DH had afternoon doctor appointment.

Will send pictures ASAP. Stay safe and cool. ❤️ Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

Greetings, Preds and friends... 

@SouthernBee@Yahooey@cowboy sam@Drythe@Bri369@SoX@momtochloe@loveschocolate@dex@Mj12@JaneMarple@Tique@Coquille@MyShadowLove@PamfromCT, and all.❤️

Happy Wednesday!   Nothing of note going on here.   Wilting in the heat, looking forward to autumn and nicer weather.   @SouthernBee, I'm sorry you have to deal with that problematic sister-in-law.   You're such a sweetheart❤️, with grace under pressure, and I guess all you can do is navigate around the unpleasantness and realize the problem is hers and, at this point, probably not going to change.   But it certainly casts no shadow on you or your bright light. @Drythe, too...  your story breaks my heart.❤️  You've come out of it all such a kind and generous soul.  Sometimes beautiful souls emerge and blossom in spite of adversity, and you are an example of that miraculous transformation.   

@cowboy sam, your Resurrection Lily sounds magnificent!    @loveschocolate, Safe travels!   I think I know the very mountains you'll be visiting...  beautiful!   @SoX, Who could have a better favorite singer?   No one!   Thanks for the music and the magic!   

@Gooday!  I missed your birthday!   I hope it was a great one, and hope you did something really special for yourself.   I miss you! 

I've been praying for and thinking of everyone in the path of the storms -- I hope everyone is safe and well.   What a year.   Lordy, we are being tested, aren't we.   I just heard there are "zombie cicadas" out there now...  Yikes!  what fun we have in store for the coming months!  To all of you, you are such sweet spirits!   I feel so lucky and blessed to know you all.❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

I feel for you - I never had anyone demand certain gifts from me and and then blatantly say - the hurtful things she said after it was given. Can you stop the exchanging of gifts? I know some families love doing it. 

I no longer exchange any gifts with anyone friends or family - with 2 exceptions which I will get to later. When I was a young adult - I always gave gifts. From my vacations to friends and family - each person got something and not each family got something - each person. It could be a keychain or tshirt. But I was young, got a job and traveled to Disney - hey I was an adult.

As time passes - I finally said to the few friends - let's stop exchanging - let's hang out for the special occasion whether BD or holiday and do something fun. We each pay our own way and it may be a movie - dinner etc. No pressure shopping - person stuck with something but all the goodness of celebrating.

Same with family - only exchange with kids - KIDS! Once they graduate college -done. I really felt bad for my niece. For the past 10 years or so - her gift was a combo of BD and Christmas. A Broadway show + dinner and anything else we eat or do along the way. I love hanging out with her but I told her duirng her November BD that it will be the last time. She understood. Whatever I give her would be an exception. Nephew is now a senior I think - with the pandemic, who knows what is happening with credits.

Anyway - yes my niece received her knitted socks and sheep. Yes - I gave her a generous gift card as she entered her acct number for her fav food place to eat - making sure the acct name will be correct. Yes - she gave me something for xmas and my BD. She is very thoughtful and sweet. I don't expect her to spend money on me but she always manages to do something. That's why when she visits - she gets a baked treat to take home - brownies or biscotti.

If I went on an int'l trip (it's been a while) I may bring back food items - candy or cookies. It is eaten and poof - gone. 

Esteemed Contributor

PGood morning Lovelies,

Hope everyone is ok!  That storm sure packed a punch.

Ah, CT, the land of trees.  So very many power outages in our state, trees fallen/uprooted.  We are fine, having bought a generator years ago, powered by gas.  We have a well, septic system, etc in the outback here.  If you lose power, no water,  no flush.  Everyone ok, but it will take quite a while before the many hundreds of thousands of outage sites are fixed.  Luckily, seems very small loss of life.  Just some branches in our yard, Glad we had some major $$$ tree work done not too long ago.  We had tornado warnings, but thankfully no hits in state I know of.

Love to all YOU GUYS.  Hope you are all ok.  I am saying TY prayers to our Creator.  

Honored Contributor

wow 😍😛 

@Bri369 those chips looks amazing.

Honored Contributor

morning @PamfromCT @dooBdoo @SouthernBee @Drythe @Coquille @SoX 

@momtochloe @cowboy sam @Mj12 @dex @MyShadowLove @loveschocolate @Tique 

HUGS TO EVERYONE whether you want it or not - you are lubs here

tumblr_836fc831756f8b56e6b03e9f2f8b9597_e26f3a7b_400.gif

Honored Contributor

Good morning Preds and friends, happy Wednesday to one and all!  Smiley Happy

Here is a live action shot of mtc trying to psyche herself up to paw through her overstuffed freezer looking for the bread dumplings . . . Smiley Frustrated

hot, summer, classic film, debbie reynolds, fridge, freezer ...

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Soo thankful that you and dh are okSmiley Happy

It must have been a very scary time for everyone!!

((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe @Yahooey @PamfromCT @dooBdoo @Tique @Mj12 @Bri369 @Drythe @dex @Coquille @qualitygal @MyShadowLove @JaneMarple @dmod nj @NEvans2 @Hippiified @LIG1 @Gooday @loveschocolate 

Good morning everyone..

hoping  all those that was in the path of storms are safe!Smiley Happy

Nice and cool this morning and have windows open temp is "48 degrees"!

But my mind is missing the sounds of c/a  starting up/off,,what is wrong with me???

lubs yaHeart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."