Esteemed Contributor

@cowboy sam, I am so glad you are safe.  Glad you have a basement to go to, but sorry you had to go through this.  You are a tough little cookie.

All you cooks and bakers, I really envy you.  You have the interest and the zip.  My zip has zapped.  And trying to lose weight is a big factor.

Yes, sometimes we all miss our old life.  I sure miss mine.  Only can see our GC at a distance, outside, wearing masks.  Our little GC said, “Mimi, when this is over, my brother and I are going to come and stay with you in our room.”  Yes, they have their own room here.  It so made me sad.

Love our home, but here we is.  No church, visits to our library, going here and there to special places, Friday nights having my DB over for pizza and a movie, no prowling through stores for bargains, etc.  No vacation this summer.  

Sorry for the vent.  Normally I like to be grateful for everything we have.  I guess it’s just blue Monday.  Hope you all understand.  I am watching the news far too much, and all this sickness is making me cray cray.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

Good morning!

@Bri369  hope you had a great time!

I'm sick of working from home. Smiley LOL

@Mj12  We did have a great time  Heart

Honored Contributor

I'm sick of everything too.  I just don't see this ever going away.

Yesterday I was at the grocery store, and some guy was complaining about wearing a mask.  I told him it's better than a ventilator. 

@PamfromCT  sorry you can't see your family.  It's very difficult.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

morning - I know this is a small thing but it was a whoot whoot for me

I used to go the Starbucks a lot - by a lot, I mean I would get a drink after I go swimming in Manhattan. I did that twice a week - swam, browse through TJ and bring the goodies home. Anyway I started drinking lattes from Kayser Maison - their lattes were better and they also have a loyalty program. They give you a free drink and a croissant - yes I have had 3 freebies since I made the switch. 

Starbucks stars (loyalty) expire after a year. I had a free drink (150 stars) that were expiring the beginning of August. I can't have that. I already lost out on my BD drink in April bc I was in hiding - although it was extended till June - I wasn't really venturing much. 

There is a Starbucks about 1/2 mile from my house. So on my walk this morning - 7am - I made a detour on my return and got myself a Venti S'mores Frap - yes the calories are insane - but I always go for a high caloire free frap whenever I get a free drink. S'mores make everyone happy - just saying the word = happiness

So whoot whoot - 

I don't know when I will venture to Manhattan and stroll like I once did - but it felt nice.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT is that you I see? I'm joshing.

oh, hon - don't beat yourself up.

this is a stressful time - I could lose some weight and not even going there.

since I'm on a chocolate, gummy bears steady diet along with elsatic shorts- 

who knows?

I did excercise more before than I do now - 

I'm probably consuming the same amount of sweets and the more sweets I eat -

the more I crave which I know is a vicious cycle.

we all cope in different ways - what's everyone doing?

h02C3A194.gif

Honored Contributor

I eat in time of stress.  LOL

See the source image

Honored Contributor

here you go @Mj12 - is this what you miss??

funny-animal-memes-about-introversion-OurMindfulLife.com-8.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey  YAY!  A good walk AND a free venti frap!  I've never had the smores one.  I usually stick to an iced Americano (back when I did venture out).

@Bri369  My husband's Command told him on Friday to be prepared to continue the stay at home/much reduced workforce at least through the end of the year. Smiley Surprised  I cannot fathom it but on the other hand I absolutely can.

I never ate when I'm stressed out - until I started it in approx. April of this year. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@Mj12  At least he's able to work at home.  I feel for the people that can't.

I'm really nervous about kids going back to school.  Ugh...

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Mj12  At least he's able to work at home.  I feel for the people that can't.

I'm really nervous about kids going back to school.  Ugh...

@Bri369  Sorry I didn't explain well.  My husband can't work from home - but they are doing 1 week in the office, then 2 weeks stay at home "on call".  (except DH who is now doing 2 weeks in then 1 at home) (don't ask lol). 

And another coworker in his building tested positive on Friday.  Awful.

And school in the Fall - parents must be so unsure of what to do.