Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam : Family can be difficult. Better for you - just let it go. Restrict your contact with her and do very little talking or talk about anything except what she is baiting you to say something. I have a SIL that is nothing but trouble. I limit my contact with her and I try to make her do all the talking and I change the conversation. I "kill"  her with kindness. If I hear her say something about wanting or needing anything = I made notes and use the information for birthday and Christmas gifts.Whenever I gift her something she always replies : " How did you know that I wanted or needed something?" My reply: I try to stay busy listening instead of talking.🤗❤️

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam : I went on a lot of different sites to see videos, read product information, reading reviews from various groups. HSN had the best price with ez pays and especially free shipping. My two friends were trying to talk me in to switching to Consumer Cellular ( nope- been there done that and very bad experience) and the wanted me to get the newer Motorola phones that are like 6.5 inches?! - with my small hands and other issues. Finally decided on the Samsung Galaxy  A 10e , 32 GB( mine was 16 GB), with a year of Tracfone - talk, text, data for $89.99 with 4 ez pay of $22.50 and phone is 5.83 inches. Just praying that I like it and will be easy to use and at least be able to to use it for a year. I hope I made a good choice but for now the price was a concern.🤗❤️

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

i have the same phone when it was a TSV in Feb 2020 - i paid a bit tmore for it

i use my mac laptop for the internet - texting friends 

i only use the phone when i leave the house and need call 

i'm not one to use the phone for everything... but it is useful and i like it very much

apple iphone is more user friendly but i rarely use the phone and i dont want to pay a lot monthly - 

hope u like it itoo

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey :Thanks for sharing. I don't do a lot of texting except with my two friends normally on Thursday and Friday, mainly a few phone calls and use my IPad for everything else.🤗❤️

@Yahooey wrote:

@SouthernBee 

i have the same phone when it was a TSV in Feb 2020 - i paid a bit tmore for it

i use my mac laptop for the internet - texting friends 

i only use the phone when i leave the house and need call 

i'm not one to use the phone for everything... but it is useful and i like it very much

apple iphone is more user friendly but i rarely use the phone and i dont want to pay a lot monthly - 

hope u like it itoo

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey,

Just remember that no matter how old some people get, they never grow up.

Some like the motto:  “It’s all about me.”  No matter what.

Ideally, people change and grow through the years.  Some get stuck.

Your mother is the VIP in the family.  Taking care of her is a privilege and an honor.  Sadly, a dud will never get that.  

A dud will never know the pleasure of caring for others more than herself.  A pain in the tucas to deal with, but in the end, she is to be pitied.

What a gift she is shutting out - a wonderful sister like you.

Honored Contributor

thank you kindly @PamfromCT and all the wonderful people here on this thread who are all so supportive

i used to look up to her since i was just a kid

as an adult - she can't hurt me - she has no power over me

i will now name her Pancake since the first one is always a dud

i never call her to chat - we dont hang out

you guys see my wonky personality more than she ever would

guess who is my niece's fav aunt?

Honored Contributor

just found a fun video

https://youtu.be/GqDBWIu3k7E

meow!!!

Meow!

MEOW!

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey  (((hugs)))  no cry u silly wabbit ❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Yahooey 

years ago

I went through close to a year suffering with stomach problems depression      caused by lies told by my sister..,

My  neighbor started a group to read the  Year Bible Study reading a chapter a day.

Did i say it was my younger  trouble maker sister and her dh that believed all her lies     she told about me?

Well with reading the book   on the Bible, the ladies told me i was only hurting myself by not letting it go and forgive her! I couldn't  let go!

I prayed for months saying i needed to and forgive her  ! Let Go!Let God!  

I was also told we can/should forgive the person but we "don't" have to be around that person at all....and for my health and sanity!.But will never forget  her lies   !

This sis once told me  it was time  for me to forget it! I hung the phone on her after her comment...she  still  doesn't think she did anything wrong  even when i refused to be around her!

Uh..no if i'm around her ,i can't trust  

her as she never once told me she was sorry and i   still dislike her!

So yes you can pick your friendsSmiley Happy but not your family.

lubs ya!Heart

I'm sorry you had to, and have to, deal with this, @cowboy sam.  

The forgiveness and forgetting is a tough issue.   

I think it helps to remember that holding onto anger or resentment only harms the person holding it...   the "other guy/gal" causing the problem is probably not even thinking about it, while we're stewing over it.   

Life is too short for that.

My siggy, at times, has said:

⭐️“Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option." Maya Angelou⭐️

We can try to understand why they are the way they are, and that comes from our love and it might help us quiet the resentment or anger, and it might help somewhere down the road if healing is possible.   

Also, we need to protect ourselves from additional pain...  but it's not healthy to be "on guard" too much of the time. 

We need emotional armor but not an armored heart.

We just don't know how many days we have.

My prayers for (((@Yahooey))), (((@cowboy sam))), and (((@SouthernBee))), and everyone dealing with similar situations.❤️  

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

Dear predsHeart and friendsHeart

I didn't get out of my jammies at all  today as its been a light rainy day  and felt sleepy all day.

lubs ya!Heart

Me, too, @cowboy sam!   Jammies and hiding under the soft cotton patchwork quilt my grandmother made.

I've been feeling sick for a few days, and we've had two or three days of storms and really heavy rain off and on, and jammies just seemed best.

lubs ya, too!❤️