Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

your desert sounded yummy alsoSmiley Very Happy

Hope your er your dh's tracfone arrives Friday!

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

Hi everyone!  By the way the Brisket my husband made was excellent and there's more for another meal, it will be tomorrow night when my daughter comes again. She bought it and he grilled it.  The end of this month she is moving to her new house she just purchased, it's 2 miles from us.

Not only is she a Hospice Nurse but a Massage Therapist too, and she will have a nice massage room there to give massages, she has quite a bit of clients yet from when she had her business.  

I never had a pancake sister, I loved all of them, two are in Heaven now, how I miss them. They all were very good to me growing up, I came a few years behind and lived on a farm.  Anyone here lived on a farm growing up? It was lots of fun.  Lots of good memories.

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam : Thank you. Enjoy your visit with son and family.

Grrr..... Cell phone was in my city this morning at 6 a.m at the UPS distribution center. I have the UPS My Choice delivery that I paid a premium for. I tried to change the delivery for today. Was informed that QVC deliveries with Surepost can't be changed. Package was transferred to the post office at 4 p.m today. 

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean 

my pancake wasnt always a pancake - 

maybe the last 10 years or so

since my mom passed - i'm civil to her - we are not friends

i'm closer to my brother - he is 1.5 yrs younger than me

i'm also close to her daiughter who is 12 yrs younger than me

pancake does not get along with her daughter

noticing a pattern?

my farm is several thousand square inches

i bet u are quite impressed by the massive size

😂 

Honored Contributor

@Tique and @NEvans2 

i see you throwing out hearts

hello old friends - how are you - pls let us know what u been up to

but okay if u prefer just to lurk and ❤️ only

i can be pushy - just ask @cowboy sam i always need to know what she is eating when she goes off galavanting w/friends

hello-hi.gif

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@loveschocolate wrote:

@Yahooey wrote:

@Mj12 

yay on visitors that arent interlopers - winking at @loveschocolate 

i bet u will have lots of laughs and good eats

yum potato salad and i bet u r grilling also

@Yahooey , interlopers are GONE! Hallelujah! I'm exhausted. 

@loveschocolate 

u deserve this and more - no blood was shed, i assumed

Canva_-_Dog_Spa_Wellness.jpg

@Yahooey , nope. I probably have some "bald" spots on my head from pulling my hair out, though. MIL WAITS on FIL hand and foot and it drives me CRAZY! Every. Single. Meal. She makes his plate, gets his drink, sees if he LIKES what she SERVED him, then CLEANS his mess up. He would rather STARVE than do it for himself. AND he would if it was up to me. 😖 

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey 

Pushy?  Naw,,  teasing yesSmiley LOL

me lubs her🤗

Heartlubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

Cowboy Sam - just was wondering how your son is doing? Is he in remission now?  Hope and pray he can kick that cancer.  My brother in law had cancer of the prostate, and he went to the Mayo Clinic, and now after chemo treatments, he is cancer free.  

Yahooey - sorry your pancake sister is only civil since your Mom died. Hope that relationship will get better, but glad it wasn't always that way.  Our farm was 180 acres.

My cousins and I loved playing in the hayloft swinging on ropes,  they lived in town and loved coming to the farm to play with me. 

Honored Contributor

Yahooey - sorry your pancake sister is only civil since your Mom died. Hope that relationship will get better, but glad it wasn't always that way.  Our farm was 180 acres.

My cousins and I loved playing in the hayloft swinging on ropes,  they lived in town and loved coming to the farm to play with me. 

@gloriajean 

holy moley - 180 acres - i can't even fathom the math

did the farm sell to supermarkets? you cant consume all the food ...

what did you grow? animals? i wanna know everything

i find it fascinating... i watched many a homestead youtuber

showing us their way of life - usually, i wanna learn gardening tips

if you dont mind... pls share more

i was so angry w/pancake bc i was caring for mom - it was exhausting

she lives 10 walking minutes away - 

i'm civil bc i'm a better person - i can state that for a fact

when a person answers - i dont want to

the question was - can you take mom to radiation

i dont give a flying hoot - if u dont like hospitals - dont like seeing sick people etc

i also ask if she can watch mom during the day - 1 day so i can go away for a weekend - brother was going to stay the nigh and the weekend

she say no - i asked her daughter and she came - 1.5 hr subway ride away

i have to stop writing... gets me angry all over again

sorry...

Esteemed Contributor

Yahooey - We grew corn, some years instead of corn, Dad planted soy beans, also oats. We had pigs that ate corn, also chickens, he sold the soybeans,

Hay went for the cattle, we milked cows. 

I just remember how I loved our corn fields, the spaces in them I made into pretend houses, and my cousins and I would play house in them.  When my Dad was plowing, and it was time for him to have a coffee break and Mom's homemade cinnamon rolls, I'd climb up the windmill and see how far he was to the road, and when he got closer I'd drive my bike there and give him his lunch.  I did that alot.  Always my dog would go with me.  Of course we didn't use all the corn ourselves, he sold what we didn't need. We had a building called a corn shed, which held our corn for the pigs. I used to feed them and also the chickens and get eggs, with Mom. We had big gardens and Mom canned alot. Did a lot of pea shelling and bean cutting.  Life on the farm was work but lots of fun too.  When I was twelve, my Dad got lung cancer, he smoked, and he couldn't farm anymore, so we lived there, but he sold the lifestock, and we had 3 bandy hens for eggs, and a dog and cat.  We lived there until I was 18, after I graduated, he sold the farm and we bought a house in town. 

Your sister sounded very selfish, in helping you. I can understand how you would feel.  Just forgive her, and let that baggage that makes you angry go. God will help you.   I had to do a lot of forgiving in my day too, not easy, but peaceful.

Thank you for responding to me.  Getting to know you is a pleasure.