Honored Contributor

dear predsHeart and friendsHeart

@Yahooey @JaneMarple @loveschocolate @MyShadowLove @Mj12 @SouthernBee @geezerette @4kitties @SoX @dooBdoo @Drythe @Bri369 

We finally had some rain for a few hours late yesterday  and i'm sure its verry muggy outside also!  69 degrees but??

I'm going to wait for todays newspaper to be delivered  e...r thrown on my sidewalk...then will go out to get it and check my mailbox by the street.

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple 

you ironed...kerplop!

uh  was fire department on standby??Heart

I need to know how i can have some of your energy??? My iron is on top shelf in hall closted...but i forgot how to use itSmiley LOL  so it will stay hidden...lol!

We need to celebrate with a glass of coke🥤🥤and some🥓🥓

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor
i agree with you....uh 3 of us wanted to go to a different rest. others than hers...so at last min she decided she had stomach issues and wouldn't be going with us...we had fun w/o her being there..lol... yes other 3 are also disagreeing with her control issues!
ty and lubs ya!Smiley Happy

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

@Mj12 

lol! won't be jealous at all with you being out in muggy weatherSmiley Very HappySmiley LOL

I will venture out only to get newspaper and check my mailbox..Smiley Happy

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
Esteemed Contributor

Re: @Preds ❤️

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey ...So happy to have you back...I missed you and was thinking about you throughout your long weekend...I'm so happy that the weather held out pretty good for you except for Saturday when we had quite a lot of much needed rain; however, I knew that you and your friends would make the best of it all.

I'm interested in those Museum pictures...Can you give me the story on the huge black dog statute and what it represents?...Also, what kind of tree is that?

I was so touched reading about how you surprised a "distinct family member"...96 years old...Bless her...What an absolutely wonderful surprise that was for her and it was so very sweet and thoughtful of you to pay her a visit....just relieved that she didn't collapse from the excitement of it all....You made her day and brought such wonderful memories back to her...What a fantastic visit...even over all of the shouting...LOL...but you definitely filled that woman's heart with such appreciation and love and wonderful memories shared togethter that will remain with her forever. Heart

I am salivating over the pictures of the delicous food choices that you all made and I'm sure that all of your walking and touring took care of all of the calories ingested!

Wow...your string bean plants really sprouted while you were gone...It must have been from all of the rain and the humidity and they just took off...and all in just a few days....Of course, we also have to give some of the credit to your precious Zoe keeping a very vigilant eye on them and nurturing them....I know that she missed you so very  much and must have greeted you with so many Meows! Heart

As much as it is so much fun and great to get away every now and then, it also feels good to get back home.

As you can see, we all have kept things going the best that we can...As we have mentioned before, it has become very quiet here...not just on this thread...but throughout the entire forums....Thinking back to how it used to be on these forums, it is sad to see this happening!

So, our sweet Yahooey...Welcome Back!...So happy that you had such a wonderful getaway with  your BFFs!  Heart

eta:..Wow, I just noticed after I posted, how long my post came out...LOL...Boy, when I get going...there is no stopping me.  😂

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@JaneMarple 

you ironed...kerplop!

uh  was fire department on standby??Heart

I need to know how i can have some of your energy??? My iron is on top shelf in hall closted...but i forgot how to use itSmiley LOL  so it will stay hidden...lol!

We need to celebrate with a glass of coke🥤🥤and some🥓🥓

lubs ya!Heart

I've had energy for the last few days, I just finished making chicken salad for dinner. Tomorrow is another story lol. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Yahooey 

My goodness, you sure had a nifty adventure!  Lots of good food and fun too, I'm sure.  Good thing you included photos for @cowboy sam.☺️

How nice of you to visit your old friend, even if you had a hard time communicating.  She sounds like a very neat lady.  And someone I would like, since I too would be more likely to remember the name of your dog after 40 years than your name!😂

You are a very kind and compassionate person to think of her, and it sounds like she loved that you thought so much of her to visit after all that time.  I'll bet she couldn't stop talking about you to her kids.❤️

And now you have lots of goodies to pick in your garden!

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple @MyShadowLove @cowboy sam @geezerette @SouthernBee 

regarding the older woman

when u are young - and never had a vacation - u tend to remember it more

3 sons and 1 daughter

i know 2 sons were doctors  - one is eye doc of some sort - the other idk

the daughter died young - was married and had kids (from cancer)

she was the youngest and beloved by parents and older brothers

so i was 18 or so since i drank when they took us to a revolving restaurant / bar

18 is legal to drink back then - the kids were in their 20s or early 30s

the older woman's husband probably died in his 70s - bc i remember when i heard the news - that is dad's age - it makes an impact on you

the sons took us fishing - so dad took up fishing when we got home - we all fished as a family - remember, we put a fishing pole inside his casket

they must have visited us also decades ago - but once everyone had families and are aging - you may telephone but dont really visit

i have been to Boston many times and mom would say - go look her up

but usually i was with a firend and didnt want to drag her to someone's home

it would have been akward and i really didnt want to do it

since i was flying solo and had time to kill and perspective when you are older

so i went and persevered with the yelling

she has children and grandchildren - goes up and down the stairs to do laundry

very spry 96 - just really hard of hearing - hearing aid was on the fritz

i dont know her name bc i'm supposed to call her auntie 

there is NO name attached - just auntie

at least she has her memory bc - naming a dog from 40 yrs ago....

she was touched - saying how my parents were good people etc

she invited me to stay and eat dinner with her (middle of cooking 530pm)

she wanted 1 of her kids to take me out - 

1 was visitng his children in Seattle - the other was in ME in his summer home but might returning that weekend - she kept speed dialing... bc she was so excited

i'm glad i'm made the effort -

mom would have been proud ❤️

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

I first thought of Jeff Koons when i saw the dog and realized it wasn't him

but i still lubs it

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 3.01.40 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 2.59.46 PM.png

i'm familiar with the glass artist Chihuly  and lubs glass works

never seen it up close and the pic is from his website

this is 1 piece - it was opposite the doggie with benches to rest

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 3.08.00 PM.png