Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@dooBdoo 

thank you for taking the time to help all of preds friends

didnt think we would work you so hard - huh...

i havent clicked anything - this is what i have now

😹 

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 7.05.23 AM.png

Thank you for being so patient, @Yahooey

Aw, you're not working me too hard. 

Unfortunately, Safari is one of the last browsers recommended for the Q site because it has such a long history of problems trying to interact with QVC so I rarely try to do much troubleshooting when Safari is involved... it just doesn't work as well here as others do.

It's often one of the last browsers to mesh with changes on the Q, and since the Q makes frequent changes (we often can see them in action around 3 - 4 a.m., mostly on weekdays), it can be a losing battle.

It's like trying to fit the proverbial square peg into a round hole.

I know you don't want to hear this, but a different browser will work better on the Q. 

A different browser will work better on a number of other sites, too...  some people have said, for years, that Safari runs into problems because of more stringent and security-minded requirements for website content to display or for data to be entered, but others say it's simply a stubborn, cranky browser more likely to run into glitches that other browsers don't create.

There are other settings you could look at (example "If Safari doesn't open a page or work as expected on your Mac" on Apple.com) but I don't know how involved you want to get or how much time you want to invest.

I hope, at least, that you do have a secondary browser installed and updated on your computer to use when big problems pop up.

(Or to use when you really want or need to edit a post, for example.)

Sorry to be a downer, bringing bad news on this lovely morning!   Seems like everyone is running into complicated challenges, and we need more sunshine, easy solutions, and pleasant days, don't we.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@dooBdoo ...You are such a sweetheart and so thoughtful to take the time out to help those here who are having issues with their computers/tablets.

We All Lubs Ya Vewy Vewy Much! :heart

Hug Cats GIF - Hug Cats GIFs

Oh, how sweet you are, @MyShadowLove!😊

Sadly, I'm batting zero so I best sit on my hands and hope these pesky problems arising from this website will resolve in time.   

Truth be told, I've never seen QVC invest much in having a decent website, which is puzzling for what once was a retail leader,

And now with all of their very public problems I don't hold out any hope they'll start investing in the site now (particularly the Community, which just is not a priority for them), other than focusing on their streaming services.

Thank you for your kind post!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Yahooey @geezerette @SouthernBee @dooBdoo @JaneMarple @Mj12 

@cowboysam @loveschocolate @Bri369 @Drythe

Good Morning Everyone!

We have some changes for our gardening this weekend....I picked up a beautiful pink Mandevilla to plant in front of our lamppost....The Mandevilla is a bush variation and will grow up to a little over two feet....We didn't want the variation that can grow up to 20 ft. or more...The "Jethro Tull Daisy Plant" wasn't performing all that well...lots of deadheading needed and some would be flopping over...so we are moving it to a barrel in back of our house and it will become an "experiment" in progress!...lol

I also picked up some white Petunias to sprinkle throughout our front landscaped area...I like to add white flowers as they are so fresh looking and pop the colors of our other flowers.

We have a birdhouse hanging on a shephard's hook in our front landscaped area by our windowbox and it has become very active so we are expecting a little family or two this Spring and Summer....I have some Alpaca fur that I keep on hand and placed some on the top of the birdhouse and near the opening which has a little roof over it...I thought I would help them build and complete their nest...lol...When I came back in our house this morning, I kept my eye out and I saw one of the birds come back and take some of the Alpaca into their birdhouse...There is lots of happy chirping going on inside the birdhouse right now. Heart

We are having gorgeous weather this weekend....So, between finishing up our gardening, we will be cooking out and also are taking a drive down to the shoreline area with friends on Sunday.

Lubs Ya All! Heart

Mandevilla Bush

Mandevilla Giant Dark Pink 3 inch pot image 1

Isn't that pretty!  I've never heard of Mandevilla -- had to look it up!

Unlike most of ⭐️Preds⭐️ Friends, I never found gardening to work out well for me.  I certainly can appreciate the beauty when I see it, though, and also appreciate all of the time, effort, work, cost, and artistic eye that goes into it.

I hope you have a lovely drive and visit with your friends today.❤️

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:
@geezerette @cowboy sam 

I am ready for some coke and the couch. I am tired of the posting problems and still dealing with house issues.❤🤗🍉🍉🍉🍑🍑🍑🍓🍓🍓
I will be having some strawberry short cake and ice cream later. Using the Sarah
Lee Pound cake : enough to share.

Screenshot_20230526-130451_kindlephoto-235651523.png

@SouthernBee, I removed the HTML code from your post and added your picture.

Sounds so yummy!

I am sorry the Q site won't work well with your tablet.  I understand how frustrating this is.

You might need to use your computer until QVC gets this problem resolved.

(((❤️)))

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Yahooey wrote:

@MyShadowLove 

u know the mama birds are dinking

look at dis silly hoomin trying to make a birdhouse

ai likez to do my own decorating - ui dont know my style

i'll fly off with some raw material - tyvm

@Yahooey ...lol...While at an Arts & Crafts show one year, there was a booth that had several items made from Alpaca fur...One of the items especially caught my eye...It was a heart-shaped wire wreath and had been stuffed with Alpaca fur...The person at the booth told me that birds love using it for their nests, along with other natural materials, so I bought the wreath...hung it from a limb... and it took a little while but soon the birds gradually started busily pecking away at the Alpaca fur and adding it to their birdhouses...A suet feeder can also be used for this purpose.

Around the end of September each year, after nesting season, my husband and I clean each of our birdhouses out and you should see the beautiful nests that they build...made up of all kinds of natural materials from the earth, along with the Alpaca fur...It is amazing the work that they put into building such gorgeous nests...Once the birdhouses are cleaned out, we then put a little layer of Alpaca fur on the bottom of the birdhouses for some warmth during the Winter months.

I guess you could say the birds have us wrapped right around their precious little beaks!  Heart 🐦

Fascinating, @MyShadowLove!

There have been times when I've come upon videos online, or documentaries, showing all of the stages of nest building and the meticulous care in the process, and I can watch for hours.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:
Good Morning Y'all: Any special plans for this weekend and Monday? Nothing for us.
Contractor to call next week and schedule appointment.
Finally able to change my password for Pinterest and found good ideas for the laundry closet especially to store the dryer vent in the wall to save space. Will be interested to find what the contractor suggest.
I need to do more laundry . Takes longer to dry clothes and the dryer vent has been cleaned out. Hope it is how the dryer is sitting: back part of dryer sitting on the concrete and front part on the laminate?! It's less than half inch.

@SouthernBee,

Nothing exciting for me this weekend.  I've been going through some boxes in storage and sorting "stuff" to eliminate.   It's a good feeling to simplify...  when my mind gets too busy, often the act of organizing "things" helps organize my thoughts.

I hope you have good luck with the contractor.  You've come up against so many issues in this past year...  it's time for all that to be put in the past and lots of smooth sailing and sweet breezes in the future, right?🤗

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:
Good Evening Y'all: Just trying to post something to see if anything changed. Decided to try bold type. Still having to change from mobile to full version.

Bummer: just posted under customer care about my posting problems and it was a post without any of the above junk.🙄😬😬😬😬😬

@SouthernBee, If you post in mobile version instead of switching to full desktop, does it still insert the HTML code characters?

Honored Contributor

morning @dooBdoo @SouthernBee @cowboy sam @MyShadowLove @Drythe 

@Mj12 @loveschocolate @geezerette @Bri369 

APHID ALERT ... APHID ALERT ... APHID ALERT

i had to spray all the tomatoes down - 

just soapy water - 

a BIG bird tried to fly off with the top of my blackebrry bush - it broke the tip so it will not grow any taller - it is well over 6 ft at the moment - i had 3 main stalks - 2 are continuing to grow - 

zoe is snoozing on the warm soil - dirty dirty gurl

prepping for tomorrow's BBQ - 

trimming the ribs and marinate overnite

tuna pasta salad will be done tomorrow

lemon loaf will be baked tomorrow

DB will be grilling burgers, dogs with fixings

corn on the cob

everyone is welcome!!!

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

no biggie on the non edit - 

what i have to say is of no importance