Honored Contributor

@Yahooey: Totally agree by exchanging gifts. My two friends will be coming said wanted to see my decorations. Day still to be scheduled. I suspect they will bring gifts but I will have them some brownies baked and in cute boxes to take home and not feel guilty about not purchasing a special gift.

Yesterday, struggling trying to get my little tree decorated. Hope to finish decorating today. I am really thinking about purchasing one of the larger ceramic table top Christmas tree- I almost purchased one last year. DH said he loves the lights on the little tree and told him the ceramic tree has lights but he stated not the same.

Two of my Christmas gifts have been delayed but all information indicated already shipped.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Preds and Friends!

Super cold and windy here.

Honored Contributor

We stopped all gift giving with the exception of our immediate families. I give to my dad and my sister and to my MIL also. There are too many siblings and nieces and nephews on DH's side now. Our immediate group of friends mututally decided it was getting to be too much and not necessary to exchange gifts anymore.

I try to give something I've baked during the holidays to them. Some years, I'm not able to bake. We've all come to the understanding that it's silly to give just to give.

It just takes so much pressure off everyone.

Honored Contributor

I stopped giving Christmas gifts to everyone a couple of years ago. I'd only been sending cash and a small gift to the kids in the family, who all live out of state and are now grown anyway.

I also had suggested to my friend at the same time if she would mind if we stopped exchanging gifts. She was so relieved but didn't want to bring it up! None of us need anything (and we all buy what we need during the year), so trying to figure out something that people would use and/or appreciate kept getting harder and harder.

Truth be told, I don't miss having to search for gifts this time of year at all. I guess I should feel guilty about that, but I don't.🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@cowboy samYou and your friend are speed walkers at 3 miles an hour! 🙂👍

@SouthernBeeI'm sure your Christmas tree will be beautiful!🎄

Honored Contributor

AACK! @geezerette

did you just pose a math question? what is the distance covered if they walked for 45 minutes? we needs answers from @Bri369 and @Mj12

they lubs math problems NOT 🤣

our @cowboy sam is always a woman on the move and dressed impeccable

@geezerettewrote:

Honored Contributor

morning @geezerette @Bri369 @SouthernBee @NEvans2 @JaneMarple @Mj12

@loveschocolate@cowboy sam@MyShadowLove@dooBdoo

what is everyone doing? EEEK December - who's gonna bake holiday cookies?

I'm just missing some macadamia nuts, maybe pecans?. Already got my choc and white chips, almonds, cranberries - butter, flour and sugar (brown, white and confectioner)

i do much much less and NO decorating. i used to do rolled cookies and cut in various holiday shapes and decorate - they were very pretty but it took forever and a day since i was very persnickety and each shape had a style..

images.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Preds and Friends!

See the source image

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Yahooeywrote:

AACK! @geezerette

did you just pose a math question? what is the distance covered if they walked for 45 minutes? we needs answers from @Bri369 and @Mj12

they lubs math problems NOT 🤣

our @cowboy sam is always a woman on the move and dressed impeccable

@geezerettewrote:

@Yahooey

Oh no! I didn't even realize that.😳

So...if @cowboy sam went walking with a friend, does that mean 4 feet are twice as fast as 2 feet, or can they walk twice as far?🧐

My head is spinning...😵‍💫😂

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey

I lubs Christmas cookies. Will I have get to bake them this year, fingers crossed.

I have a love/hate relationship with my cookie press cookies. Sometimes the cookies are easy to press out, other times the dough gets all stuck in the tube.

I have been stocking up on butter just in case the mood strikes me to bake.