Honored Contributor

I went out yesterday and think (brain freeze) i got everything i need except scallions

they dont last long so will buy them monday

made a list on what to do on each day next week

I like to check stuff off and reminders are great - less stress

i know our 🐝 has been abuzzed has some things prepped, cooked, baked 

i'm proud of a list -they are important too 🤣

I am supposed to pu my coffee grounds from the cafe bc time is fleeting and i still need to amend the soil and plant the rest of my tulips - cuz all of a sudden - well, it was a month coming and temps are going to be below freezing...

what is everyone doing?

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

Good that you found a backup refrigerator just in case.  And how nice of the delivery woman to offer to bring it in for you,

An added bonus if she can find a buyer for your chair!🤞

Esteemed Contributor

Re: @Preds ❤️

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey wrote:

I went out yesterday and think (brain freeze) i got everything i need except scallions

I am supposed to pu my coffee grounds from the cafe bc time is fleeting and i still need to amend the soil and plant the rest of my tulips - cuz all of a sudden - well, it was a month coming and temps are going to be below freezing...

what is everyone doing?

@Yahooey ...What do coffee grounds have to do with amending the soil to plant your tulip bulbs?

I was out early this morning to fill up our birdfeeders and birdbath and noticed that the soil in our windowbox is frozen solid...I had planned to go to our local nursery to pick up some red berry twigs and evergreen sprays which is my usual Winter theme for our windowbox but now I'm thinking of maybe doing something different...like with garland and other Winter decorations..Yeah, I like that idea....just thinking to myself here...lol

We will be driving down to one of my Niece's home on Thanksgiving morning and will stay until Saturday morning....My hometown is only about 45 minutes from the City, so be on the lookout for me...Okay...I will be the crazy woman, hanging out the car window...waving wildly to you and screaming your name as loud as I can ...as soon as I hit the NY State line...so you can't miss me!  😂 

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@loveschocolate wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@loveschocolate 

I've been craving shrimp.  LOL

How's everybody doing by you?  

@Bri369 , sigh...

A caravan of DH's family might be coming thanksgiving weekend. I'm just sick and tired of it. Otherwise, all is well. 

@loveschocolate 

How quickly can you pack up and move?😉☺️

@geezerette , 😝! I should just leave DH here and go to Ohio and see DD! 

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@loveschocolate wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@loveschocolate 

I've been craving shrimp.  LOL

How's everybody doing by you?  

@Bri369 , sigh...

A caravan of DH's family might be coming thanksgiving weekend. I'm just sick and tired of it. Otherwise, all is well. 

@loveschocolate 

How quickly can you pack up and move?😉☺️

@geezerette @Bri369 

this has to done in stages @loveschocolate 

1- change locks and no keys to interlopers

2 - leave no itinerary 

3 - take out cash - do NOT use cc - 

4 - buy burner phones and leave ur other phones st home

5 - enjoy ur adventurous destination 

@Yahooey , I LOVE ❤️ the way you think! 🤣 

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

what is everyone doing?

@Yahooey , drinking 🍺🍷🍹🍸🥃

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee , glad you got a mini fridge. Today's appliances are made to be "thrown away" unfortunately. 😠 

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

this is what i do which probably isnt correct but it works for me

i collect kitchen scraps -citrus and veg peels, egg shells etc

i dig up a patch of dirt - bury scraps along some tender vines, leaves, stems from plants i had during the summer along with a good sprinkling of coffee grounds

i bury all of that with existing soil and by spring - u cant find any scraps or leaves

they have all broken down

for the tulips - since i plant in areas that already have tulips which may or may not come up depending if they were carried away - i add new tulips and easy to sprinkle some grounds - i dont add scraps or vines bc i dont want to disturb what is already there 

true composting - u have green matter, brown matter, whatever matters and let it sit until it becomes beautiful - u add ur chicken poop, grass clippings which i dont have a lawn or chickens - people say all u need is a 5 ft x 5 ft area - only if u have acres where ur cow and chicks reside - 

i'm happy with what comes up whether it be flowers, veg, fruit or berries

except weeds - 😖 

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote

@Yahooey .

We will be driving down to one of my Niece's home on Thanksgiving morning and will stay until Saturday morning....My hometown is only about 45 minutes from the City, so be on the lookout for me...Okay...I will be the crazy woman, hanging out the car window...waving wildly to you and screaming your name as loud as I can ...as soon as I hit the NY State line...so you can't miss me!  😂 

@MyShadowLove 

i will be looking out for u 

u know nyc is a very small quiet neighborhood

so ,.. i'm sure i will hear ya!!!

giphy.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@MyShadowLove 

this is what i do which probably isnt correct but it works for me

i collect kitchen scraps -citrus and veg peels, egg shells etc

i dig up a patch of dirt - bury scraps along some tender vines, leaves, stems from plants i had during the summer along with a good sprinkling of coffee grounds

i bury all of that with existing soil and by spring - u cant find any scraps or leaves

they have all broken down

for the tulips - since i plant in areas that already have tulips which may or may not come up depending if they were carried away - i add new tulips and easy to sprinkle some grounds - i dont add scraps or vines bc i dont want to disturb what is already there 

true composting - u have green matter, brown matter, whatever matters and let it sit until it becomes beautiful - u add ur chicken poop, grass clippings which i dont have a lawn or chickens - people say all u need is a 5 ft x 5 ft area - only if u have acres where ur cow and chicks reside - 

i'm happy with what comes up whether it be flowers, veg, fruit or berries

except weeds - 😖 

@Yahooey ...Well, that's very  interesting...so it all serves to enrich the soil and acts as fertilizer...I may just try this when I do the Spring planting next Season and see if there is a difference in the health and growth of our flowers and other plantings...I will just mix it all together and blend in with the soil before planting...It will be an interesting experiment.

You are so very resourceful and versatile with your cooking skills, gardening skills, knitting skills and, also, our travel adventurer...stomping on scorpions and chasing after tortoises, etc...lol...😊

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~