Honored Contributor

@Bri369 : Praying for you, your family and your Dad's speedy recovery.🤗🤗♥️♥️♥️🙏🙏.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

dear predsHeart and friendsHeart

My dear friends hubby has decided  he can't mow my yard for me.  he told me he would have to charge $75.00  but his mower has a backhoe on it and wouldn't be able to mow front yard..back  lot yes tho.. ..(.I think it would take up to much of his time to commit to it  and i understand.)

He thinks it would be better if i" bought" another  riding mower then pay someone like i have been.

Then   he offered to sell me his wifes small riding mower for $540.00  Turned him down as its too small and would take to long to mow my yard and back lot.

However ,he is trying to find someone that  could mow for me cheaper 

or  does it as a business...wow! some of the prices  he quoted that some charged..i don't know if i could afford to pay  it every week? Smiley Sad

ok...my vent is over and thanks for letting me vent my thoughts.Heart

lubs ya!Heart

@cowboy sam : Since the 90's we are on our fourth lawn service. We change when the prices are increased. The current service comes every 14 days and during the winter once a month to help with limbs, twigs and leaves. The cost is $55.00 . We have used the current service for two years and hope no changes any time soon. We have a large front yard but small back yard. No shrubs or flowers. No trees in our yard but leaves from neighbors especially on the other side of the backyard fence. Will be praying that you can find someone that will be reasonable in price but provide good service.🙏🤗♥️🥤🥤🥤🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓

@SouthernBee 

thank youHeart

My daughter told me last night that her brother  my 57 yr.old son that lives not far from me  has hired someone to mow his yard for him .

So i'm going to talk to him  today and ask who mows for him,etc.

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Y'all: Busy yesterday cooking. Need to start cooking for today. Menu: BBQ country ribs cooked in pressure cooker and finished in the oven under the broiler for a few minutes. Cole slaw, baked beans and corn on the cob.

On Friday, finally connected the DVD player after watching YouTube videos. Everything is reconnected in the family room. Moved the cable box and DVD player next to each other. DH had the DVD player on top of the cable box and didn't like that because everything felt warm. Still haven't purchased anything trying to conceal the long cords.

Like everyone else: looking at the budget and trying to cut expenses, looking for better sales, more coupons .

Stay cool and safe.🤗♥️🥤😁🥤🥤

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@cowboy sam 

I don't know what it is about yard people, but I had a devil of a time finding (and keeping) one.  Finally got ahold of a neighbor who owns a mowing service and he sends his guys over.  They do a passable job--of course, nothing like how my husband kept the place, but it keeps the grass down.

He probably doesn't even make any profit off me for what he charges.  They do several acres and trim around the house for $100 per mow.  He didn't ask, but I'm giving him an extra $25 per mow this year because of how expensive gas has gotten.

I was fighting with our old mower and it seemed like every time I needed to use it, it was broken.  I don't know the first thing about mechanics and had no way to cart it to town to be repaired.  It got embarrassing to keep asking my friends for help, so I finally just got rid of the mower and now hire it done.  It's costly, but it's a high relief for me.

What ever happened to all the young kids that used to mow grass for their older neighbors?  

@geezerette : Kids today don't want to get hot and messy and not enough money.

DH has an adult nephew that is a fireman but operates a big lawn service. We tried to use him for awhile but the crew wasn't doing a good job ( took them 10 minutes and current service 20 minutes) plus was too expensive and we were not expecting free service. Two times they cut the neighbors yard instead of ours .Very frustrating and embarrassing especially when their big truck had the same name that is our name.Neighbors were on the corner and we were up the street. Neighbor told them that they were at the wrong house. 🤷‍♀️😳😁😁😁

@SouthernBee 

I think those kids are now us seniors that need our lawns mowed!😆  

That's absolutely incredible that your mowers couldn't even get the right house with the same name as their boss!

I know what you mean about them being too fast.  I've watched these guys and I keep wondering how they aren't flying off the mower seats as fast as they go.  And when the employees are here by themselves they don't do nearly as good a job as when the boss is with them.

At this point in my life, I'm just grateful I can get the grass cut down whenever they show up.  But if and when I get a chance to downsize from this place, I'm going to go somewhere where someone else has the responsibility for the yards.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee @geezerette @Yahooey @Bri369 

Onec guy and  charges $75.00 pr hour to mow  yards !

On my Simplicity old mower with big deck it took at least 2 hours  or longer for    mowing close to "  a acre of yard including in front of my house,sides ,back plus big lot  down from that.

Don't think i can afford that  every week/Smiley SadAs i was paying $50-60wk by neighbor lady.

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

zoe chased someone into the home today

so.... dat was my morning - it jumped out the window after i opened the screen

trying to see where she was and didnt want anyone to get bite

it was bouncing off everything - a few harrowing minutes

1.png

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@SouthernBee @geezerette @Yahooey @Bri369 

Onec guy and  charges $75.00 pr hour to mow  yards !

On my Simplicity old mower with big deck it took at least 2 hours  or longer for    mowing close to "  a acre of yard including in front of my house,sides ,back plus big lot  down from that.

Don't think i can afford that  every week/Smiley SadAs i was paying $50-60wk by neighbor lady.

lubs ya!Heart

@cowboy sam 

Wow!  I've never heard of a mower charging by the hour.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

1.png

@Yahooey 

42A8E8E7-20BC-4F07-AEF7-1327D2F377C5.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

Agree it all depends on how much money you can afford to spend!

Daughter stopped by yesterday, she is still not menatly ready to go back to work even though she would like to. 

No money coming in,cancled many things to save money, now what savings she had is gone paying rent,etc. She started crying and asked if i could give her money to pay her rent?She only has $40.00 in bank account.

She is trying to get help from her hospital   for the  bills for the days she needed to get help from them.She is going to food banks to get help for food.

She has a therapist she likes that is trying to help her but not sure she could pay her   and is also going to ask hospital for help?  If not i told her i would pay for her sessions.

Here i go again telling everyone my problems 

darn onions.

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

1.png