Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@SouthernBee 

i agree with what @geezerette @PamfromCT  said.

I try to be careful with my words as once spoken sometimes can be hurtful  and once said can't be taken back!

We can try to forgive the person but always remember hurtful words....and in time hope  they fade.

Sometimes like your friend speaks before thinking if she would hurt you or not.!

Ignore her hurtful words and don't respond by answering her!

Only you can decide if you want her to be your friend or not.But she was wrong to talk to you like that 😡

lubs you!Heart

@cowboy sam : Totally agree and understand.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@SouthernBee 

i'm sorry ur friend hurt ur feelings....

sometimes peeps have no filter and have no idea how much the words hurt

she could have said - ur home is fine inside

only the fence and the interior BR needs repairs

is this the friend that said - BR fitters are #$^# -  gotta be the same person

but her good qualities as u mentioned is helping u with ur walker for transportation

we confuse hurtful words as being honest.... there is always a way to express

that is why we have a vast vocabulary... choose ur words wisely

@Yahooey : Yep. Same friend. Totally agree and understand.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@SouthernBee 

I'm sorry your friend made you feel bad.  Sometimes people say things to make themselves feel "more than" but don't realize how hurtful their words are.  

You are the sweetest, kindest and least judgmental person and such a loyal friend.  Heart

@Bri369 : Thank you. Totally agree and understand. Hope you are feeling better.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

spoke too soon

it worked once - ONCE when i warmed up a cup of cawfee

i tried to use it now  - nope - door wouldnt close

brother said - the sensor - thingy is probably worn out

will call Breville tomorrow and see if they will sell it

they may not and refer me to a technician -

the applicance is fine except for the door - dont want to spend hundreds for a new one

@Yahooey : Darn and so frustrating. Hoping for a better solution.

Honored Contributor

Hi, @PamfromCT, and thank you!   You are a VIP, too!   

⭐️Preds and Friends = VIPs⭐️!

Doing "fair to middlin'" as the saying goes.  Usual health "stuff," plus the pollen here is heavy and persistent which adds another layer of annoyance.   In this area, we have allergy-inducing plants pretty much year 'round but this time of the year (as with other locations) it really amps up.   The nice thing about it...  such beautiful flowers, trees, plants, bees, butterflies, etc., all part of that cycle of nature and we have the opportunity to enjoy it and dwell in the appreciation of it... even while sneezing!😉😆  Just had to spend a ton of money on my car, but the good news is that it's been mine for a long, long time, it works for what I need it to do, and as old as it is I'd rather keep it running than go for a newer one with bells and whistles I don't want or need.   Thanks, again!  I love you, too!❤️🤗❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

Greetings ⭐️Preds⭐️ and Preds Friends!   

I have lots of reading to do...  from the most recent posts, I want to be sure and send healing wishes and prayers to @Mj12  and @Bri369.

(((gentle hugs)))

Take good care of yourself, okay?

Goodness knows you deserve some pampering, rest, and special time for yourself.❤️

Bear hug gif

@dooBdoo 

Thank you! 

It always makes me so happy to see you hear because then I know you're feeling well too.  HeartHeartHeart

(((@Bri369)))❤️❤️❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@SouthernBee 

Is this the same friend who made mean comments about your bathroom renovations?  

I guess you need to consider the source.  It is sad that we forget to be grateful and content with the gifts we have without looking over the fence at others.

To tell the truth, I used to be envious of a dear sweet friend, because she and her DH had a sweet starter home, while DH and I were still working SO hard to catch up with the 11.5% interest rate so we could build our first home. I wanted a Home so badly!

Never had one growing up.

After a time, I took a good look around me and realized what a🐽� 

I was being, as I have so much in my life that I NEVER thought I would, including a safe home, and someone who loves me - warts and all.  Boy was I glad I had never said anything!

So, maybe there are things your friend is missing in her life, or maybe she doesn’t know that words can HURT.  Too bad she can’t be happy for you.  Sad.

You certainly don’t deserve such comments. 💙

@Drythe : Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience. I totally agree and understand. Our current home for DH and I is much nicer and in a better neighborhood from when we were growing up. We count our blessings and appreciate everything we have. The very reasons that I am determined to keep the house in good shape. But as you know just like so many others struggling with Covid, high prices and what needs to be done.

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Yahooey 

i feel for you not having a microwave working...i would panic !!

Good luck getting a new sensor for it.

Last night i smelled something hot but couldn't find the sourse...

This morning i turned my computer on and new keyboard wouldn't light up!

I unplugged it from the back of my computter and got my old flat plain keyboard out but it isn't as fast and i miss my colored lights!Smiley Sad

Warranty was for only 30 days!Boo!  hiss😡

@cowboy sam : Sorry about your keyboard but relieved that it didn't cause more damage. Stay safe.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

GM Preds & friends! Heart

@Yahooey  sorry about the microwave and RIP lemon tree. I'm going to put my lemon tree outside once it warms up a little more. 🍋 

I need to run to the grocery. I was already there once and forgot half the things we needed. 

@Mj12 : Hope you are feeling better. I make detailed grocery list and still forgot stuff . 

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@Mj12 @Bri369 

i received a letter from the plant nursery 3/1/22 saying that the tree might have been exposed to CANKER VIRUS and to send photo the agriculture gov't agency if i had blah blah blah - leaves falling off blah blah - 

i kept the letter since my tree was sending out a lot of baby shoots

2 weeks later - those baby shoots produced leaves - yay!

another week goes by and those leaves are curling and falling off - BOO

sent photos to the govt agency - they said NO virus

called the nursery - and they said - send pics which I did

u are infested with spider mites - huh? i looked high and low - no webs and no dots (mites) - said to spray tree with neem oil (which i have)

contacted them again bc wanted to know the strength of the neem oil

and i didnt see any mites - webs etc 

this rep said - ur tree is exposed to canker virus - rid the tree by double bagging or burn the tree and rid the soil - sterilize the pot

i'm expecting men in black to whoosh down and flash me - so there is no memory

this virus affects citrus trees only and spreads - not good for our orchards if exposed to it.... anyway i said i'm also expecting a new kumquat which is sold out for months and she said she will send both at the same time - perhaps the kumquat was also affected... who knows - they sent the letter 5 months after i purchase - dormant virus? unusual amount of complaints so it raised a red flag? who really know 

it never ends with me

@Yahooey : Oh my goodness. So scary.