Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@SouthernBee 

Maybe let DH wear it for a while and see how it works on him...

@Bri369 : 😳😆😀😁😁😁😁...... he has a masters degree in : How I perfected the art of just sitting 🪑 in  my chair- rocking recliner. 

Honored Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

@SouthernBee  @Yahooey   I agree. That count can't be correct, for that period of time, if one is moving around. 

I had 2 watches that counted my steps and both didn't work. They didn't count the right steps when I was moving and it counted steps while I was sleeping. So........

@Coquille : maybe it counted your steps while sleeping cause your legs were restless and could not be still?🤗❤️

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Hello Lovelies,

Sounds like everybody staying cool.  We are inside, with AC on, not feeling like stepping outside.  DH does, to water plants.  Reading about @SouthernBee‘s baking makes me want to stay at Bee’s B&B.  I am a laundry nut.  Always washing something, every day.  Never tried counting steps.

@PamfromCT : Me to slow to operate a B&B. Stepcounting: Maybe I need to get one of them counter things that the ushers use at church 😀🤗❤️

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 

i don't remember you talking about having a pupSmiley Surprised

Ya know we need pictures of your new baby!

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Dear predsHeart and friendsHeart

@SouthernBee @KaySD @PamfromCT @Coquille @Mj12 @Bri369 @dex @momtochloe @LIG1 @dooBdoo @Drythe @qualitygal @JaneMarple @Yahooey @loveschocolate @NEvans2 @masque @Hippiified @geezerette @luvzchiz @SoX @MyShadowLove 

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

peeking in although it is my bedtime

will be back again in the morning or maybe not

202341556_1441393779553264_7502354689176827970_n.jpg

I love this, @Yahooey!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Drythe 

After a week of fibro flare up..i think i'm starting to feel normal again....if i was ever normal?..lol!

Thanks for askingHeart

lubs ya!Heart

Glad you're feeling better, @cowboy sam.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Drythe 

After a week of fibro flare up..i think i'm starting to feel normal again....if i was ever normal?..lol!

Thanks for askingHeart

lubs ya!Heart

Glad you're feeling better, @cowboy sam.❤️

@dooBdoo 

tyvmHeart

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

D8947E2D-4363-4F73-93DF-4C64F9B917B1.jpeg

Hah!   That is funny!

You really did make me laugh out loud, @geezerette!😅

Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

More fun? Certainly. Made my first trip to an Aldi store. Don't quite get what all the fuss is about--just another supermarket? Also waited in line for CostCo gas, as usual. Wonder how much of the minimal savings get burned up waiting to get up to the pump? Oh, and I almost got to the post office until I hit a huge traffic jam. So there's me.

Meanwhile, as for step counters, they are based on some great technology, but of course they are not really "counting" your steps. The software algorithms used by the smart devices vary a lot as well. I think the most we can expect is a reliable order of magnitude and enough consistency that you can see trends. They won't tell you 500 steps if you did 5,000, or vice versa. I even get step counts when I am doing sewing and crochet! But if they tell you 500-700 day after day, and you start to get 200 or 1,000, that's helpful info. Nothing magic about the exact number, really.

I don't know what they would have to do to be more accurate. Track you to the inch via GPS? Man, would that be creepy! 

I've wondered the same thing when I see people in line to buy cheaper gas, @KaySD!   We humans can be puzzling creatures at times, can't we?

I haven't ventured out to the Aldi's here, but everyone I know likes it.   They do say, however, that the stores vary a lot from one to the next.

That's interesting about the step counters.   I have read that some are much more sensitive than others...  maybe they're more of an indicator of how much we're active, in general.   

Can you imagine being tracked by the inch?   Oh, lordy, what a thought.🙀   Might not be that far from reality, though.   Hmmmm.🤔