Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey, I am so very sorry.  I didn’t know your dear mom was ill.  What an exhausting and scary time for her and you and your DB.  I can only think that your mom did not tell you about that complication because she wanted to protect you from worry.  Moms are like that.

I am holding you and your dear mom in my heart.  I am hopeful for the very best outcome.  She is in the best place to help her, and I fervently hope she will be well soon.

Please write when you can.  

My best,

Pam

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Thank you Heart

They notified the student body that finals are canceled, so we went to pick her up last night and got home around 1 am.  I just wanted her home and in her own bed.

I grieve to my very soul for those families who have lost a loved one to these senseless acts of violence.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 how terrible!  Thank God she wasn't there.  Heart

Honored Contributor

(((((((((( @Yahooey )))))))))) praying your Mom makes a full recovery. Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: @Preds ❤️

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey wrote:

i'm okay

it is mom - 

mom was to begin her 10 rounds of radiation this week

but they discover she couldnt fully empty her bladder

mom didnt tell me - she hasnt peed on her own for a week

so went to the ER and spent close to 10 hrs in the hospital between the radiation suite and the ER  - she was admitted late evening

she is still there - but had a few rounds of radiation already

i ❤️ some responses but i just didnt have the energy to write

my brother went to visit today 

i was there the last few days - exhausted

maybe she will be discharge tomorrow after her round of radiation

or maybe not - who knows

radiation is only Mon - Fri

her kidney numbers are slowly coming back to normal 

thanks everyone ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

(((@Yahooey))),

Your silence worries us because we care, but sometimes silence is best while you gather your thoughts and your strength.

So your pals try to worry quietly.

We say our prayers and send good energy and link arms with you in the quiet times, too.

You shared these pix not long ago, saying they made you feel good...  you are always here for us, and your friends are always here (there, and everywhere!) for you.

lubs ya, (((@Yahooey))) and (((@Yahooey's mom)))❤️

lizfriends1.jpg

lizfriends2.jpg

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@dooBdoo 

thank you for your concern..lubs thatHeart..

sending you  also (((hugs)))Heart

Tonight is last pill to take for uti

nitrofurantoin mono/mac 100mg caps)

instructions were 1 capsule twice daily for 5 days

I read on drmed  that you asked me to check out  and read that a uti can cause  higher bp !

and

i have had this uti for a while. i guess

"but"

i thought problems i had was from drinking too many cans of pop!!

So,i'm so glad i mentioned it to  ANP Ninna  at dr. office..and she wanted to test my urine..and i was so wrong..Smiley Sad  it was a uti!

I go back in 3 months to see her again  for a follow up unless i have problems.

You asked about who recommened    D-mannose to me

My d/i/l  had uti's for a few years and a nurse told her about D-mannose so she started taking them  every day and hasn't had a uti  for 3 years now.

She suggested maybe i should try them...and i read many articles on google and amazon reviews also before i ordered a bottle  but  i'm not taking any for a week so my med gets out of my system first.

I never want to take anything that might harm me.

Thanks to all that have offered me advise  as i listened to youHeart

lubs ya!Heart

Thanks for the follow-up, @cowboy sam!   You have everything under control -- no surprise there!   You're a careful, thoughtful person.

You taught me something new about a UTI potentially raising the blood pressure, so thank you for that, too!   It sounds like you have a great health care team.  I hope you're feeling well and healthy and as perky as always, and even better with each day that passes.

lubs ya, too!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

Hi  everyone. I have been busy cooking part of my dinner for tomorrow. Never tried this but purchased a butterball turkey breast that is in a special cooking bag so you don't need to thaw it first. Excited about trying this tomorrow. It was a bit pricy but sometimes worth it for the extra convenience. I cooked my collards today and made a cranberry congealed salad. I have in the freezer a small pan of homemade dressing and a small pan of sweet potato casserole to cook tomorrow. 
I really love my DVD player and hooked on the Hallmark series When Call the heart. I have the box set for seasons 1-5. Researching good price for seasons 6 and 7.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.🤗❤️

Gosh, that dinner sounds so good, @SouthernBee!

I'm glad the DVD player has turned out to be just what you wanted.  I don't know why, but I don't think I've ever watched the movies or series on Hallmark or Lifetime -- but I see a lot written about them here on the forums.    I probably should try them out and see what all the talk is about.😊

I hope your weekend was fabulous!❤️

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@cowboy sam : You always have a special place at our table.DH order for the larger monitor cancelled because sold out before order processed. DH will wait because a lot of the monitors sold out. 
The headphones are somewhat better than the other set for the Sony brand but just can't pay over $100 for headphones.

@SouthernBee,

I don't know if it's too late to switch, but at least for future reference Consumer Reports has a good January 2021 article about the headphones with some great values. 

You don't need a subscription to read it.😊

"Best Noise-Canceling Headphones of 2021"

Search for the article title, or copy and paste this URL (I'm never sure about live links, so I won't take a chance with this one):

consumerreports.org/noise-canceling-headphones/best-noise-canceling-headphones-of-the-year/

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Bri369 and @dooBdoo, I watched the service for Philip on BBC.  It began early in their day and showed all the different military regiments arriving at Windsor Castle.  The service was absolutely wonderful.  Philip would have been so pleased.  

Doo, you said the perfect words to our @cowboy sam about seeking information re adding supplements to our diets.  It is something we should all keep in mind.  You have such a gift for writing.  You also have a gift of enduring wisdom and kindness.  I do hope you keep a journal.  You could really publish, seriously.

You are so kind, @PamfromCT.  Thank you.❤️

I agree with you about the funeral service.  I thought the BBC and PBS covered it well.

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@PamfromCT 

I agree..her wisdom,etc.Heart

I wish i could write my thoughts also like her.Heart

luv a !  also DooHeart

pam

lubs ya! alsoHeart

Thank you, @cowboy sam!❤️  I am in awe of the way all of you write from the heart, so beautifully and even poetically, reaching over the miles and warming my spirit and soul.   ⭐️Preds⭐️ had that gift, too.   I miss reading her take on the world, her descriptions of life, her wit and originality, her wise and thoughtful counsel.   It made her blush to be complimented -- she was so humble and modest.

lubs ya, my friend.❤️