Honored Contributor

(((( @PamfromCT )))) you're not a downer!  I'm so sorry about DH's cousin. Heart

I just finished PT (thank goodness).  It was starting to get on my nerves (although it really did help!)

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @Bri369!  That's so sweet!  You are a gem.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Well, phooey on that stubborn DVD player, @SouthernBee!   That's frustrating to plan, purchase and set up a device only to be stumped, isn't it.   I'm sorry about that.   Hope the problem will be a simple fix.❤️ 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Bri369 

Yes,i have in the past took the perscription vid.d  but it hurt my stomach  and had problems!...i think it was too high of doseage 50,000in each capsal! while being on them it once brought my level up to 24!

I'm going to once again try over the counter and the NP suggested 2 tablets a day to  get =2,000 !  but my body doesn't absorb the sun while walking..or being outside a lot.  sigh

My new bp mentions in briefing  to avoid being in the sun!????

lubs ya!

ps..

son just sent me a text...when we go for my scrip..he mentioned   going back to menards& buying me a new lawn ornament...told him i could use another wind chime!lol

@cowboy sam,  I'm glad you got that doctor's visit completed and it sounds like they're doing some good things to get you on the right track.

Yes...  a number of medications for high blood pressure can drastically, dramatically increase the skin's sensitivity to the sun.   

I took one of those meds, not for HBP but as a side-effect it had to possibly help prevent severe migraines, and I had to be extremely cautious.   Of course, you can read the medical sites online to get more info about it but I think the best thing to do is talk with your pharmacist and your doctor's staff so you'll know just what to do.  Please, be very careful.❤️

That's great that you had such a nice family visit!   Maybe that wind chime is just the perfect thing to add to your landscape and brighten your world!

Have a lovely day!  

lubs ya!❤️

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

You are not a downer.  Prayers for DH's cousin.  Covid just makes everything so complicated. 

Heart

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

(((( @PamfromCT )))) you're not a downer!  I'm so sorry about DH's cousin. Heart

I just finished PT (thank goodness).  It was starting to get on my nerves (although it really did help!)

Amen to this.

@PamfromCT,  I'm distracted often, too.  Preoccupied. 

We have so much to think about, things to keep up with, and it can be hard to concentrate, and easy to miss details.   I don't think it's a stretch to say most people have been under more than their usual stress in the past year...  stress has a myriad of effects, most of them not at all helpful.

I'm so sorry about your husband's cousin.   (((gentle hugs))) and prayers for you all.❤️

Please never feel you must join in on any thread with only upbeat, bright and positive posts...   that's unreasonable pressure some of us place on ourselves, I think, and we forget just how human we are.

I hope you know, particularly on this thread, that you can just be yourself and that the ups and the downs are part of the beautiful human being that you are.

Glad that PT is behind you, @Mj12!   I've been through it after a lower back injury, another time for my neck.   It was beneficial for me, and it's wonderful to know it helped you.❤️

Honored Contributor

C974D8DF-7813-4DB9-8D8B-E1F43E37DAC3.jpeg

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'Pandemic day 485...'

Honored Contributor

No photo description available.

May be an image of text that says 'IF THE EARTH WAS FLAT CATS WOULD HAVE PUSHED EVERYTHING OFF IT BY NOW'
Trusted Contributor

@cowboy sam Yes, I have learned that 50,000 I.U. is too much for daily use. If I am very low, sometimes they recommend that amount once a week for a month or two. 2,000 a day is usually enough, but I double up for a limited period until when I'm below the normal range. Then I  just keep taking the 2,000. You don't want to take too much of this one, so it's a good time to do a Goldilocks/ I just try to get a form with nothing added, and at that dose it doesn't have side effects.