Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Good Morning Preds and Friends!

I see lots going on here.  I need to play catch up.  

May be an image of text that says 'FINALLY MY WINTER FAT IS GONE. NOW I HAVE SPRING ROLLS.'

@Bri369!   That really did make me laugh out loud!  Thanks!😃

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT , hugs! ❤️

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

Good morning Preds and friends! @dooBdoo so great to see you!

So, we are "trying" to get DirectTV down in North Carolina. DH is down there, had an appointment set up for yesterday. Well, it turns out the dish needs to be on the roof and they aren't "allowed" to do that. 🤦‍♀️

Need to call a contractor to put the dish up there, then ANOTHER appointment with DirectTV. 

BTW, there's already a dish up there on the roof. Guess he needs to check it out. It is a DirectTV dish. 

It's always something. 🤪 

C3E38993-8C70-4522-8049-048C9297E056.jpeg

Thanks, @loveschocolate!  Always great to see you, too!❤️

When we moved to our home 'way out in the sticks, in the Asheville area, there was no cable service at all and our phone was even on a rotary service for a while!   Being in a remote rural area has a number of challenges, but it was all worth it to be out in that beautiful countryside.  At night we could hear (rarely see) the owls... and the night sky without the pollution of city lights was brilliant with stars.

Fingers crossed that y'all will get all the snags smoothed out soon, and easily.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:
@Bri369
g-son is 28 years old...we are also hoping he won't get it.
lubs ya!Smiley Happy

Prayers for your family, @cowboy sam.❤️

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@cowboy sam : The Best Buy scheduled appointment today is for the DVD player. If DH needs help with the computer will need another appointment. Not sure if Best Buy can help with computer since it was purchased from Walmart. DH has opened the computer box and slowly moving everything to his computer room.

Praying that he can do everything himself because that will make him feel good. 🤗❤️

That's so sweet, @SouthernBee.

You are such a warm and compassionate soul.🤗❤️

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

when i was a kid - i so wanted the variety packs where you open it and magically - it becomes a bowl - it probably has 1 ounce of stuff in each box but variety - whoo hoo

i rarely had cereal in the house and it was 1 flavor - usually Captain Crunch - still lubs it but probably hadn't had it in a decade - no ....

if i'm at a hotel where they give u free continental breakfast - i go for a box of Captain Crunch (plain) or Fruit Loops - my other favorite - No corn flakes for me and i don't care if it is Frosted Flakes with Tony the tiger - never did care for him - that blow hard

@SouthernBee @qualitygal @Bri369 @Mj12 

images.jpeg

I did, too, @Yahooey!   We thought the variety packs were wonderful, but they were more expensive...  now and then, rarely, our mother would buy them for us as a special treat.   I also remember little individual bottles of grape juice that seemed so special, and we were sure they tasted better than the juice from the family-sized one.   Isn't it funny how something so simple could be so special.  Nice memories.

thanks!😊

Honored Contributor

I don't know if they were always that way, but there is a perforation in the box so you could open it up, pour in the milk, and then use the box as a bowl.

Maybe I just didn't know about that, which is entirely possible.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Good morning Lovelies,

Thanks to @Yahooey and @cowboy Sam for not forgetting me.

I enjoy reading, sometimes post on main page, on certain topics.

I am fine, as well as immediate family.  However, three people I know have been hospitalized and then released for COVID.

Two are fine, but one has been on oxygen 24/7 for about 5-6 weeks with no end in sight.

At same time, our neighbor of 40+ years not home since around Christmas.  Being treated for cancer.  And a close relative of my DH has been diagnosed with a very unusual form of cancer.  Cannot be cured, only treated to hopefully not grow.  Also in a trial with Sloan Kettering.  

I don’t mean to depress, just to explain why I have rather pulled into myself.  I have, however, finished my craft room and now cleaning out my clothes closets. Desperation?

I remain grateful for the care and compassion given to all, the blessings bestowed, and hope for the future.  I do get a chuckle from many of you, and am concerned for all of you. I do apologize for my long, depressing post.

All my best,

Pam

Oh, my goodness, dear @PamfromCT.❤️   You never need to apologize.   We enjoy giving "shoutouts" with our notifications to those who have posted here along the way, or who have added hearts now and then, because you are all here with us in spirit and in our good memories.   

Even so, one of the pleasures of this thread is that no one is pressured to post on any particularly regular basis, and everyone is welcome here, and everyone is welcome to share the ups and the downs of life.   

No judging, and a wealth of warm hugs and caring shoulders to lean on.

I'm so sorry about your family and friends.   My prayers go out for them, and also for you.   

You've always been someone who finds gratitude even in the most difficult times -- that's strength, and you are an inspiration.

Please take good and gentle care of yourself.   

Be safe and well.❤️

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@PamfromCT 

I'm so sorry for all that your loved ones are going through.  You have so much going on.  We would never forget you, Hunny BunnyHeart

I will keep you and your dear ones in my prayers.

See the source image

@Bri369 

peonies always remind of our dear preds ❤️❤️❤️❤️

they are beautiful - r they urs?

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

My Preds Peonies are peeking out of the ground.  YAY

❤️❤️❤️❤️