Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

My daughter needed to renew her driver's license.  They were closed for a few months anyway.  

They open at 7:30 am, so she left the house at 6 AM.  She got there at 6:20 and the line was wrapped around the corner.  She got into the facility at 11:30 and is finally on her way home.  

She said people have chairs, are calling friends to bring them lunch or water - that's totally insane.  What if you have to go to the bathroom?  Work?  Have kids?  

People cannot spend all day trying to review their driver's license...

@Bri369 ,

😳 

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam : Can't sleep thinking about so many things. Really miss Precious Preds she was dealing with so  much yet never missed opportunity to share positive words and encouragement.🤗🙏❤️Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

Good morning Preds and friends, happy Friday to one and all.  Here is a live action shot of mtc when I made the mistake of making eye contact with the mirror earlier today:

Coffee Kitteh | Funny animal memes, Funny cat compilation, Funny ...

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@dooBdoo @Yahooey 

My neighbor called and told me trhat Saturday..one of her son's friend  would be   at my burn pile Saturday...to get some cut up  chunks of  another neighbors tree, so i thanked her for letting me know someone would be in my yard behind my house Saturday. neighbors tree

Well ,i was just outside and neighbors son..was outside(he is 19)  and he got my attention and came across the street to talk to me.

His best friend would like to"have my" 2 large tree branches"..and would cut them up  and take them when he comes Saturday to get the other cut up parts of a  neighbors tree..on my burn pile

as 

he and his dad&mom would use them for firewood this winter!!!

Told Nathan..to tell his friend yes..and to thank him for meHeart

Very nice, @cowboy sam!   You and your neighbors watch out for each other.  
Reminds me of when I was a little kid, and our old neighborhood...  my mother's sister and family were next door, then my grandmother a couple of houses down from that, and good friends in the houses across the street, and even one street over was another group of homes with folks we knew well from church and school.  

I think back and realize none of us had much material wealth but we were surrounded by love and good will.  

I'm glad you're in a good community, @cowboy sam., and I'll bet they appreciate you as much as we do.  

Thanks for the update.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@dooBdoo : 🤗❤️❤️ I always enjoy your post and always love when you are able to post more. Southern Bee

@SouthernBee, Thank you.   I feel the same way about you.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee,  

I was thinking about the plexiglass...  "outside the box" thoughts... wonder if there are any furniture stores, "junque"/antique shops or auction houses, thrift stores, local builders or crafters, etc., that might have a used but in good condition topper for your table in the right size or that could be cut down if too big.  

Plexiglass is succeptible to scratches, but I understand why it's still often a good choice.  

I have my father's very old wood desk, and it's topped with a piece of glass which isn't really very heavy at all (and doesn't usually need to be picked up or moved, so the weight isn't really a concern, and it's that type of glass -- can't remember what it's called -- that doesn't easily fracture or break).  

Fingers crossed that you find a great solution so you can check that off your "to do list".😊

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

morning @SouthernBee @loveschocolate @cowboy sam @Bri369 @dex 

@PamfromCT @momtochloe @dooBdoo @Mj12 @Drythe @Tique 

ma - ai gotta goz peee bot ai no wanna go alonez

unnamed-17.jpg

@Yahooey !

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@SouthernBee 

I'm so happy you were able to keep your mom's tableHeart

You know,  i have a feeling that   "you "will also   be blessed you with a gift to help protect your wood table..and you will be so pleased!

I believe in unexplained  kindness  from othersHeart

Lubs yaHeart

@cowboy sam,  "Unexplained kindness from others" -- love that!❤️

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@cowboy sam : Can't sleep thinking about so many things. Really miss Precious Preds she was dealing with so  much yet never missed opportunity to share positive words and encouragement.🤗🙏❤️Southern Bee

(((@SouthernBee)))❤️

Honored Contributor

Greetings and good morning,  Preds and friends, @loveschocolate, @yahooey, @cowboy sam, @MJ12, @Tique, @Southern Bee@SoX@PamfromCT@Suziepeach@Hippified@dmod@mtc@Bri369@Coquille@NancyE@Drythe@wildflowers@QualityGal@JaneMarple@Whatnow, and all who peek in!❤️