Honored Contributor

Capture.PNG

Super Contributor

@Preds wrote:

@BeautyLver wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Preds @BeautyLver I really admire anyone going through tough times, especially health wise, and can do it with laughter.  HeartHeart

Only speaking for myself, it’s a necessity.  Because without humour...can’t imagine.  All of us are going through something.  They may be different somethings, but all are equally relevant and matter equally.  That is the human experience.  So remembering to laugh, be grateful and think of what others may be going through...it’s my important daily medicine.  And am sure the same for so many of us❤️

Amen @BeautyLver .  I even make jokes of what I'm going through.  Some understand and laugh with me.  Others don't (my DH hates it), but it's a small way I help myself deal with it.  Better than crying.  Hate those swollen eyes and runny nose. Smiley Wink

So understand.  It’s a coping mechanism for us.  And yes, some don’t get it.  But they are not in my shoes.  As well, think it’s important to sometimes laugh at ourselves.  Relieves anxiety, tension.  Certainly not a laugh fest all the time, lol.  But we are simply doing our very best to cope with the cards we are dealt.  That’s what matters.  

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: text

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Capture.PNG

Honored Contributor

3B585952-5A2D-4E96-803A-AF36C6DEF52F.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Preds @BeautyLver 

I have a dear younger friend that lives on street behind me.....we have known each other since late 1970's...our husbands were good friends....

as you know i'm a widow  of many years..and her husband passed away in late December....one month later she was told she  has cancer. She tried to keep it from us her friends but word got out after she posted pictures with her brother on facebook about losing her hair soon!

I have texted her, etc.. without a reply..other friends have called her and she also doesn't reply to us....she has shut us out of  her life!!

Her hubbys sister is taking care of her  while going through chemo...

We don't know how to handles this...we  her understand wanting her privacy..but we feel so sad and at a loss of not knowing how she is doing?

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

See the source image

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Preds @BeautyLver 

I have a dear younger friend that lives on street behind me.....we have known each other since late 1970's...our husbands were good friends....

as you know i'm a widow  of many years..and her husband passed away in late December....one month later she was told she  has cancer. She tried to keep it from us her friends but word got out after she posted pictures with her brother on facebook about losing her hair soon!

I have texted her, etc.. without a reply..other friends have called her and she also doesn't reply to us....she has shut us out of  her life!!

Her hubbys sister is taking care of her  while going through chemo...

We don't know how to handles this...we  her understand wanting her privacy..but we feel so sad and at a loss of not knowing how she is doing?

@cowboy sam  ... I am so sorry.  She appears to be a very private woman and I totally understand her need for solitude.  I'm a very open person, but would have hidden this if possible.  We have so many mutual friends that we work with that it was impossible to hide.  We hid it for a while, but once word got out, all h broke lose.  

It would have been nice to have had a little more time to deal with it prior to expose, but once it happened I realized that it's because they love us and care and they have been a wonderful support system.  

Maybe she can't deal with anyone but her family right now.  It's a lot for someone to handle and as long as she has them it may be enough.  Don't take it personally because each person is different.  

Prayers for your neighbor. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Image result for Happy hour gif

Honored Contributor

@Preds 
Would you like me to delete my post..if i can.... i don't want to upset you or anyone else

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."