Honored Contributor

Re: @Preds... thinking of you

How ya doing @Preds? I thought it was cute and meant no offense to @Bird mama

How do cats and birds become friends?

cat-bird.gif

Honored Contributor

Good Morning @Yahooey.  I think it cute and bet @Bird mama will, too.  Doing good here.  How about you?

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Preds 

I'm good and enjoyng some warmer weather -

Unknown.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Such a lovely thread, @Suziepeach.   You're a sweet and thoughtful soul.❤️     Up-front apologies for the length and emotional content of this post, but I'm writing extempore, reacting with my heart, soul, and love for my dear friend.  Greetings,  (((@Preds))).   I've been away from the forums for months, so I'm out of the loop on just about everything but in catching up on my email today I learned about your diagnosis and your treatment startup.   Finding words to sufficiently convey my emotions would take a thesaurus that doesn't exist.   That's because words aren't sufficient.    But that's all we have here.  

I'm going to tell you some things that I (and many others) have told you before...  but now I think they deserve to be repeated all in one post.   I've been on the Q forums since 2010 and very fortunate to get to know some mighty splendid people, and you are right there at the top.   You, Preds, have the remarkable ability to be compassionate and kind to all of us; to offer beautifully articulate, measured, tactful, and thoughtful, wise comments; to share your opinions with gentleness and empathy and with not even a hint of negativity toward others; to make us all feel welcome, important, and valued; and to add essential and healing (and sometimes wicked!) humor in even the most difficult situations.   

I don't know how you do it, but I think all of us know instinctively that your posts always come from a warm heart and a good place.    It's rare that anyone here can be so well-liked and thoroughly, deservedly, overwhelmingly respected by the community...   but you have achieved that.    Hey, I'd vote for you for "Mayor of QVC Community" but you'd be too modest to accept it.   You are our touchstone in so many respects.   Thank you for being that, and for being always so supportive and someone we can count on.    So, now, you can count on us.

You've had what seemed like insurmountable foes rise up in your life so many times before and you've surmounted them!    Too many to list, but I think of the flood and so many other painful losses.   I've been inspired, educated, encouraged, and lifted by your example.   You've helped me find important things when I lost them...  my hope, my spirit, my courage, my smile.   You also always know what to say when times are hard.  I'm beyond grateful.    Now this unspeakable evil foe arises, da**it, and I want so much to be, to you, what you've been to me and to so many others.    You have armor, you have strength, you have courage, faith, resilience, grit, guts, intelligence, power, and brilliance of spirit.   You have the love and support of a magnificently dear, devoted family and loyal friends.   You also have the love and determination of countless "cyber-people" across the miles...  look at all the posters here on this thread, and multiply that to infinity.  

I want to repeat to you what I wrote to our dear @ShowMe, another valiant and beloved warrior, a while ago:
            When I was in a particularly perilous time in my life, a friend spoke of the multitude of individual prayers that were going up for me.   She wanted me to visualize them, to know how real they were.  

So she reminded me of the opening scene in the movie “It’s a Wonderful Life.”   There’s a panoramic view of the night sky carpeted with thousands of twinkling stars, each one of them the voice of a friend or family member sending up a prayer or other loving words.

I hope you can visualize our prayers and words of support and love in this way.   Our voices are those twinkling stars in the night sky, and they are there even when hidden by the clouds or the daylight sunshine.   And I hope you know they’re happening now, and tonight, and tomorrow, and every single moment after that.  

You've often set aside your needs and, instead, you've tirelessly been the trusted and treasured caregiver for others.  Now it's time to take care of (((Preds))).   Hang in there warrior friend.    You've got this.   (((loveyoubunches)))❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Preds I hope that you are feeling strong and know that we are all here for you.We will be waiting to cheer at the finish line when you are well again.Sending you strength,prayers and hugs.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Preds...

Heart Sending you a beautiful field of "wildflowers" to lighten your heart, along with positive thoughts and prayers and lots of healing ((((((((Hugs)))))))))! Heart

berkeley yard GIF

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

Just sending a follow up hello.  I hope you feel better with each day.  Even though most of us have never met you,  through these posts, we know we would adore you and embrace you if we did.  So,  from afar, we send love and hugs and support. Stay strong,  and indulge yourself every once in awhile too!

xoxo

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo.......once again, I had tears in my eyes with what you posted to our PREDS......  Was happy to see you on here today.  Yes, it's been a while, but now you are back.  And, that makes me happy.

Honored Contributor

@Preds......  Hi sweetie.....  My, you are so well loved with so many posters on here.  You know you can count me in on that.  

Yes, you and I are fighting this battle together....but there are some days when I feel like I am loosing mine.  No one told us it would be an easy battle to win....so we have to keep going, one day at a time.  You know I am with you every day, and yes, you are in my daily prayers.

There are some days I just don't have it in me to post (or even read on here), but the girls do keep me updated on you......(you know who they are).  

Just remember we do care and love you lots.  Hang in there, and stay strong.  God's blessings on you.

Love ya, sweetie.

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Hi @Suziepeach. Thank you, I will, but I'm not much on e-mailing.  ShowMe can tell you that. LOL  Takes threats and weeks for me to answer her... or anyone.

Yep, you are so right with this......  But eventually you do come around......lol.