Honored Contributor

Re: Prediction another 100,000 deaths by end of Summer from Covid- 19

@Pearlee wrote:
@porcelain. I do not rely on posters on a QVC chat board for my information about the pandemic. Especially when so few posters cite sources for their "facts." That doesn't mean I "don't look at the Covid numbers." 🙄

Which numbers do you trust and why?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I am so fed up with the nonsense accusations that people do not care because it has not happened to them.

We do the best we can-masks, sanitizing, distancing, saw DS and family for the first time in 5 MONTHS-visiting in our garage-they our front, DH and I at the back.

OUR FIRST DUTY IS TO OURSELVES TO PREVENT ANY POTENTIAL SPREAD TO OTHERS, STARTING WITH OUR OWN LOVED ONES.

And yes, I have immuno-compromised loved ones-DH and DS.

What do some you want-for us to go out and mask everyone?  Attend these pool parties with bull-horns admonishing everyone to get out of the pool?

We can care about ourselves and we can care about what has happened to this country-sickness, hospitalizations, deaths, job loss, economy in tatters-it's not all or nothing.

To say posters are selfish and non-caring just because our hair is not on fire is rude and such high horse riding will not work with me.

People can question stats and reports; it's the right thing to do.

But saying people who DO question, who DO THINK, are uncaring is wrong on so many levels.

Just stop.  Please.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I'm still taking precautions and it will be interesting to see just how much cases have spiked (hopefully not) in a few weeks after all of the Memorial Day get togethers and more recent protests.

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

So if we don't look at the Covid numbers and nobody talks about them or provides any updates, we get to be surprised. Like throwing a huge surprise party where we have no idea how many people might be coming and we don't prepare anything.

Just because one isn't running here to start a thread or comment everytime some new pronouncement is being made, it doesn't mean they're not looking at the numbers. Quite frankly, I find that implication to be absurd. And please save the lecture. It's tiresome and tedious. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@porcelain. I do not rely on posters on a QVC chat board for my information about the pandemic. Especially when so few posters cite sources for their "facts." That doesn't mean I "don't look at the Covid numbers." 🙄

Precisely... A weak argument... When one wants whatever factual information exists about this situation one need not come here to try to find it amidst all the seeming speculation, opinion, bias and hyperbole...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I am so fed up with the nonsense accusations that people do not care because it has not happened to them.

We do the best we can-masks, sanitizing, distancing, saw DS and family for the first time in 5 MONTHS-visiting in our garage-they our front, DH and I at the back.

OUR FIRST DUTY IS TO OURSELVES TO PREVENT ANY POTENTIAL SPREAD TO OTHERS, STARTING WITH OUR OWN LOVED ONES.

And yes, I have immuno-compromised loved ones-DH and DS.

What do some you want-for us to go out and mask everyone?  Attend these pool parties with bull-horns admonishing everyone to get out of the pool?

We can care about ourselves and we can care about what has happened to this country-sickness, hospitalizations, deaths, job loss, economy in tatters-it's not all or nothing.

To say posters are selfish and non-caring just because our hair is not on fire is rude and such high horse riding will not work with me.

People can question stats and reports; it's the right thing to do.

But saying people who DO question, who DO THINK, are uncaring is wrong on so many levels.

Just stop.  Please.

^THIS! 100%. Thank you for stating it so clearly and completely. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

There are also a lot more people being tested.  

Honored Contributor

There are several problems that have caused a spike in many areas. There is not just one to blame: Memorial Day parties, the reopenings, and crowds gathering.

The spikes are all over the news today, so I don't see any problem with this thread. And the poor OP even cautioned those who don't want to hear what she has to say.

I know that one in particular who waded in right away to question the need for this information would have screamed bloody murder if posters did that on a thread of hers.

@SeaMaiden, I applaud you taking all the criticism in stride. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Just heard on Fox, CA, FL, AZ, and TX are seeing what they are calling spikes in cases.

Texas had been going down, but had 2100 hospitalizations in one day yesterday.  

@Foxxee   There were not 2100 new hospitalizations in one day.

The hospitalizations increased over a period of 3 days from Mon. through Wed.

Mon-record high of 1935 (not admitted on the same day)

Tues-number increased to 2000 (not admitted on the same day)

Wed.-2153 are hospitalized (not admitted on the same day)

These stats are totals regarding how many people are in the hospital, not admissions happening every day.

Yes, there are spikes in cases in TX, however.

@Cakers3 

Texas reporting to CDC, 1885 deaths for June 11 at 1:06 pm, so I don't know.  If I'm reading that correctly, by 1:06 pm yesterday, Texas had 1853 deaths.  So, it's possible the 2100 count by the end of the day could be accurate.

It will be interesting to see how many at the end of today.

Valued Contributor