Honored Contributor

Re: Prediction another 100,000 deaths by end of Summer from Covid- 19

@bikerbabe wrote:
Will there be social distancing at the rallies getting ready to start in about a week? Not sure how that works?

@bikerbabe 

Ummmmmmmmmmmm,

NO

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT Well warn away if it pleases you. But I am a well-informed adult capable of making my own decisions and do not need strangers on a forum making them for me. Long ago in this pandemic I decided to stay home as much as possible and wear a mask in public, despite the ongoing mixed messages from "the experts" about whether the latter is necessary. I abide by the CDC recommendations posted on the doors of the few places where I go. I don't think you are better equipped than I am to make decisions for my well-being and I resent anyone here telling me what to do.

@Sushismom. My OP is not telling someone not to post, but commenting on the post. Again some reading comprehension is recommended.
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Junebug54 wrote:

You cannot blame the increase completely on early opening of states.   There is another major factor which will contribute to an increase.   I certainly didn't observe any social distancing happening the past few weeks.

I get your drift @Junebug54  and @Lali1 and agree completley, but assume we're not allowed to say so out loud...

We're not even allowed to notice the hypocrisy of it all. Stay home, don't stay home 🤐

Honored Contributor

So if we don't look at the Covid numbers and nobody talks about them or provides any updates, we get to be surprised. Like throwing a huge surprise party where we have no idea how many people might be coming and we don't prepare anything.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Junebug54 wrote:

You cannot blame the increase completely on early opening of states.   There is another major factor which will contribute to an increase.   I certainly didn't observe any social distancing happening the past few weeks.

I get your drift @Junebug54  and @Lali1 and agree completley, but assume we're not allowed to say so out loud...

We're not even allowed to notice the hypocrisy of it all. Stay home, don't stay home 🤐

@Lali1  I know... And yet just wait and see, when the shoe is on the other foot, no one will ever hear the end of it... It should cut both ways, but it doesn't...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

With new infection and death models appearing almost daily and the manipulation of "cause of death" to bolster numbers for funding and a reputable, well established journal such as The Lancet admittig publishing a non-peer reviewed study on a treatment, I'm not sure of anything. 

I'm taking necessary precautions for myself and others but I remain dubious to the daily claims. 

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

So if we don't look at the Covid numbers and nobody talks about them or provides any updates, we get to be surprised. Like throwing a huge surprise party where we have no idea how many people might be coming and we don't prepare anything.

It's going to disappear-like a miracle.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@porcelain. I do not rely on posters on a QVC chat board for my information about the pandemic. Especially when so few posters cite sources for their "facts." That doesn't mean I "don't look at the Covid numbers." 🙄
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't believe the pandemic is fake news but clearly, as of right now, many of these predictions have not played out.  And that is a very good thing.

The director of the Ohio Department of health had some very staggering death predictions based on models that didn't even come close to being the case.  She was predicting daily death totals that we haven't reached over the 5 month period.Thank goodness.  

I also saw the story this morning about the 2 hair stylists who possibly exposed 140 people as they worked while having Covid-19. Turns out none of the 140 people they came in contact with became ill.  You have to wonder if that is due to all parties wearing a mask.

@Lipstickdiva That is fantastic news!  Hopefully it's getting less virulent.  I'm sure wearing of masks helped somewhat.

I was also worried since I got a haircut myself (stylist is healthy...but you never know) and we both wore masks.

Respected Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Will there be social distancing at the rallies getting ready to start in about a week? Not sure how that works.

Where is your concern over the crowds the last 13 days?  Double speak.