Honored Contributor

Re: Prediction another 100,000 deaths by end of Summer from Covid- 19

@Porcelain wrote:

@Cakers3Using examples, how did you get the impression that anyone thinks you personally are selfish and uncaring? You keep saying it, but I haven't seen anyone call you names or call you out personally. Is something going on that we're not seeing?

@Porcelain   Nice try.

Don't act naive - it doesn't suit you.

You know darn well that posters have been accused of not caring since the virus has not affected them.  It is on this thread and on the threads that have overtaken the forum for months now.

If I haven't worded my post to your liking, too bad.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Cakers3Using examples, how did you get the impression that anyone thinks you personally are selfish and uncaring? You keep saying it, but I haven't seen anyone call you names or call you out personally. Is something going on that we're not seeing?

It has been the constant theme for months.  If you think differently, or do not believe and do what I think is appropiate you are selfish and uncaring. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@MorningLover

I think I posted the other day that, from a public health standpoint, huge gatherings of hundreds to thousands of people are not a great idea. But I also believe that, based on our preexisting views of specific issues and individuals, we will be more (or less) critical of the above protests and rallies.
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee   Hi Foxee-I was responding to the stat you posted about 2100 people were hospitalized in one day.

Did you mean to posts new cases/deaths and not hospitalizations??

I think we crossed wires here.

@Cakers3 

Yes, posting about deaths.  Sorry for the mixup.  

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Porcelain   Nice try.

Don't act naive - it doesn't suit you.

You know darn well that posters have been accused of not caring since the virus has not affected them.  It is on this thread and on the threads that have overtaken the forum for months now.

If I haven't worded my post to your liking, too bad.

True. I saw many people saying if people didn't wear masks and got the virus they should not be allowed a ventilator. There were lots and lots of hateful cruel things hurled at anyone who dared question anything to do with the virus. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

It has been the constant theme for months.  If you think differently, or do not believe and do what I think is appropiate you are selfish and uncaring. 

@CrazyDaisy   Exactly.  Everyone is an expert about every else's life.

I like a good dialogue about the stats-the ups and downs of the "facts" we have been given; but I also believe that posters here are doing the dang gosh darn best that they can.

Trying to make others out as uninformed and uncaring tells me more about those accusers than anything else.

Let people be and let them do the best that they can.

I don't even like kool-aid.  Just sayin'.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee   Hi Foxee-I was responding to the stat you posted about 2100 people were hospitalized in one day.

Did you mean to posts new cases/deaths and not hospitalizations??

I think we crossed wires here.

@Cakers3 

Yes, posting about deaths.  Sorry for the mixup.  

@Foxxee   Got it.   Thanks for the clarification.  Our county isn't doing the best but we carry on as best as we can.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

I do think it's foolish to put one's self in harm's way unnecessarily. And not just with a virus.We all look at that and assess that differently. But everyone here claims to be protecting themselves and their loved ones, calculating their risks and acting appropriately. We are all basically doing the same thing with a few variations. I don't see what there is to fight about.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

So if we don't look at the Covid numbers and nobody talks about them or provides any updates, we get to be surprised. Like throwing a huge surprise party where we have no idea how many people might be coming and we don't prepare anything.

@Porcelain 

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

I do think it's foolish to put one's self in harm's way unnecessarily. And not just with a virus.We all look at that and assess that differently. But everyone here claims to be protecting themselves and their loved ones, calculating their risks and acting appropriately. We are all basically doing the same thing with a few variations. I don't see what there is to fight about.

I believe the argument is that some want to force others and shame others into doing what they want them to do. Others say let poeple decide for themselves how to behave. If you're afraid of people not doing enough then stay home.