Contributor

Being a poor sleeper, I usually did a lot of my shopping during the late night hours.  Even if I wasn’t shopping, the hosts kept me company.  Now that both QVC and HSN have converted to re-runs, I no longer watch.  Tonight, HSN is airing 8 hours of Andrew Lessman and his vitamin pills, for goodness sake.  I can’t tolerate that guy for 15 minutes, let alone 8 hours, lol.  And QVC has Jill Martin selling the same stuff, over and over.  Seriously, what can the powers that be be thinking?  Are they deliberately trying to go out of business?  The quality of merchandise on both channels has really declined, the new host hires are unfamiliar with their products, and now re-runs.  I believe it is time to say adieu.

Contributor

I SO agree! They tried this a year or so ago, and quickly brought back live shows. I hope they come to their senses ths time as well. I can only imagine we are not alone in being night shoppers, and the pre-recoreded shows are simply not the same.  I have been a QVC shopper for 15 years and I am NOT HAPPY! I will just turn off the pre-recorded shows.

Valued Contributor

I don't like it one bit.  If I turn on QVC and see it's previously recorded, I turn the channel.

Frequent Contributor

CustomerQ-V-C you are so right. Changing the channel is the thing to do to persuade QVC to bring back live programming. The more viewers who do this the sooner they will get the message!

I do a lot of shopping at night so the good news about this change is that I’m saving money!

Frequent Contributor

I agree. I am also a late night shopper and am no longer. Apparentlythe Q is no longer 24/7 live. They are boring with the same  same same vendors over and over. They need to press the refresh button and give us new vendors.  

Super Contributor

It takes 3 weeks to form a new habit.  QVC's overnight repeats of the same TSV show will simply allow viewers toform a new habit of watching something else during those hours...and perhaps never return to overnight QVC viewing.  They wanted cost cutting..they will likely get sales cutting.  The more they move away from the "convenience" part of QVC the more customers they will lose.

Respected Contributor

QVC and HSN must see a sharp decline in sales during overnight hours or they wouldn't have pulled live shows. For those who want to shop, go on line. 

Frequent Contributor

What is so sad to me is that you have all these new host  who would work out the kinks late at night.  Now I tired to watch one of the new host the other night and they don't know their products and the vendor had to correct her.  How sad.  I turn off it is prerecorded.

Super Contributor

One of the side effects of this move: I used to watch QVC2 a lot but with the reduction of live shows on the main channel now QVC2 doesn't have many shows to replay so it's also now repeating constantly more than ever.  There are now fewer hours of shows to play on QVC2 later...so it's hurting that channel too. 

Respected Contributor

I don't know how to put it any plainer - other than pre-recorded programming all night is about the dumbest thing QVC has ever done.  I don't even bother to put it on that channel now....and chances are, I'll stop putting it on in the day too and go elsewhere !  Not smart, QVC !!