QVC Customer Care

Re: Prayers to the Police Officers in Baton Rouge

@Pearlee    I will give everyone the benifit of the doubt and hope all stays as it is now. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan-QVC  thanks, Susan.   By the way sorry you thought my comment was remove-worthy (not arguing that you did, just surprised).  I was just expressing a hope that today's current event didn't happen elsewhere given the facts of upcoming events in this country.  Didn't think it was political -- rather just a hope built around facts and events -  or I wouldn't have posted it.  Sorry.  Hard to know what crosses a line!

Respected Contributor

My hope and my wish for healing white light goes out to all humankind.

Peaceful resolution of our nation's problems should be paramount in anyone's prayers.

My sympathies to the families of the slain.

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor

It amazes me that anyone would want to be a LE officer nowadays. I guess it must HAVE TO BE a calling!!!

I feel sorry for them.

A few years ago, my daughter had a little fender-bender and the cops who arrived on the scene were so sweet to her - she had burst into tears. 

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

Moving to that deserted island in the middle of nowhere is getting more attractive by the day.

- I simply can't comprehend anyone doing this kind of thing. It hurts to think that this kind of thing is happening over & over again...

And I'm taking my family with me........

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I'm starting to feel that my prayers are not enough to stop these tragedies.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nana59 Someone interviewed about a half an hour ago mentioned the slary of police officers in Baton Rouge and it was something - of course now I forgot the exact figure - that I would never risk my life every day for.   Hugely underpaid.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@nana59 Someone interviewed about a half an hour ago mentioned the slary of police officers in Baton Rouge and it was something - of course now I forgot the exact figure - that I would never risk my life every day for.   Hugely underpaid.

I heard last week I think, that the average pay for a police officer is around $40,000.

Don't quote me on that though.