Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,570
Registered: ‎09-13-2012

Re: Prayers this Sunday morning

[ Edited ]

I don't think the nature of the victims will be forgotten, as there's a news story out quoting the terrorist's father as saying he was upset about men kissing each other.  I'm starting to wonder whether this is classic terrorism or whether he had a mental illness or maybe both.  We still don't know for sure why he did this.  It could have been a mixture of motives.

 

I hope above all that the FBI and other law enforcement are able to prevent as many terror attacks as possible.  They certainly have their work cut out for them if certain recent news stories are any indication.  We should remove people who have broken laws in a way that shows they are involved in funding, advocating, or planning terror attacks.  Obviously, this wouldn't apply to citizens, but it would cut down the number of people on the watch list, etc., that need to be monitored.  Then they might have better results at keeping the attacks down.

 

Years ago, a woman whose husband was living in Israel for work told me about the situation there.  They lived under the constant threat of terrorism, in restaurants, stores, on the streets.  She said her husband found this very stressful and was glad to be coming home in the coming months.  I hope it never gets that bad here.  There's no way to guard against all attacks.  If Israel can't do it, no one can.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Prayers this Sunday morning

My heart is broken.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,039
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Prayers this Sunday morning

He couldn't have been that crazy, he passed numerous background screenings for the security firm he was employed with.....

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,403
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Prayers this Sunday morning


@MoJoV wrote:

I'll never be desensitized to this kind of insanity.  Kindergartners aren't even excepted from it as we've learned.  Thinking of the heartache for the families and our country.


------------

Becoming desensitized can be a coping mechanism. Please don't judge.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,087
Registered: ‎03-10-2016

Re: Prayers this Sunday morning

Heartbreaking for the families.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Prayers this Sunday morning


@sidsmom wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Prayers to the LGBT community.


I'm afraid that fact will be lost/forgotten within the storyline.

Thank you for mentioning.

Hope it's ok to repost this beautiful tribute image. ❤️💛💚💙💜

 

image.jpeg


************************

 

@sidsmom

 

Thanks for this image.  I am sick of having to tippy toe around the truth.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,921
Registered: ‎06-12-2013

Re: Prayers this Sunday morning

I can pray for everyone else any other time...right now I CHOOSE to pray for those lost and hurt RIGHT NOW!!

 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,403
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Prayers this Sunday morning


@Noel7 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Prayers to the LGBT community.


I'm afraid that fact will be lost/forgotten within the storyline.

Thank you for mentioning.

Hope it's ok to repost this beautiful tribute image. ❤️💛💚💙💜

 

image.jpeg


************************

 

@sidsmom

 

Thanks for this image.  I am sick of having to tippy toe around the truth.


------------

My Preist led us in prayer for the victims and their families of this mass shooting. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,570
Registered: ‎09-13-2012

Re: Prayers this Sunday morning


@SydneyH wrote:

He couldn't have been that crazy, he passed numerous background screenings for the security firm he was employed with.....


Oh, my!  I didn't know this.  That is very distressing.  One likes to think that people like this can be weeded out from a job like that, but it's really not that easy.  I'm going to work in my garden.  I'll see what the news says about it when I come back. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,504
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Re: Prayers this Sunday morning


@Ms X wrote:

I don't think the nature of the victims will be forgotten, as there's a news story out quoting the terrorist's father as saying he was upset about men kissing each other.  I'm starting to wonder whether this is classic terrorism or whether he had a mental illness or maybe both.  We still don't know for sure why he did this.  It could have been a mixture of motives.

 

 


 

 

A mental illness only if hatred and bigotry are mental illnesses.

 

Motive? Hatred, bigotry and religious extremism - any or all of which could still have been motives if his name was John Smith.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all