Respected Contributor

Re: Prayers for the Jordanian pilot and his family

On 2/3/2015 evelomaddict said:

as of this moment, jordan has executed 2 prisoners.

Including the one the terrorists wanted back.
Valued Contributor

On 2/3/2015 croemer said:

I have never watched one of these films...and decided tonight I would. I think we need to know just what evil is there. It was hard to watch. I am one who can not and will not watch the other graphic video's. I have a friend who grew up in Syria and have seen pictures she posts on FB that we never see here...they are equally as horrible...beyond even this.

It's not for everybody, but i believe there will always be an audience for this type of grotesque violence.

From the Roman colosseum to guillotines and public hangings, to more modern violent video games in the tiny hands of our four-year olds on up. Gruesome draws a crowd.

Some people show up to watch. Some people won't. Personally, i don't need to watch it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Super Contributor

On 2/3/2015 SuesCat said:
On 2/3/2015 croemer said:

I have never watched one of these films...and decided tonight I would. I think we need to know just what evil is there. It was hard to watch. I am one who can not and will not watch the other graphic video's. I have a friend who grew up in Syria and have seen pictures she posts on FB that we never see here...they are equally as horrible...beyond even this.

It's not for everybody, but i believe there will always be an audience for this type of grotesque violence.

From the Roman colosseum to guillotines and public hangings, to more modern violent video games in the tiny hands of our four-year olds on up. Gruesome draws a crowd.

Some people show up to watch. Some people won't. Personally, i don't need to watch it.

Agreed. I don't need to watch it either.

Valued Contributor

On 2/3/2015 makeup addict said:
On 2/3/2015 evelomaddict said:

as of this moment, jordan has executed 2 prisoners.

Including the one the terrorists wanted back.

yes and mu'ath was murdered at the beginning of the year. that's why there was never any proof of life.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Respected Contributor

Warning fox news has a still photo of pilot in cage. Quckly hopped back to cnn. Its not about seeing the pics or watching the video. Its about the horros this man went though. This has impacted me more than i thought it would. I just keeping thinking about his friends and family and their pain and anguish. ISIS must be stopped. Im praying that the world will stand with US and our allies to end this bloodshed.
Esteemed Contributor

ISIS could not operate without funding. We must find and shut down their funding and then they will not be able to continue their operations.
Respected Contributor

Agreed Kathypet! P.s. Your siggy made me smile. Smiley Happy i needed that tonight.
Regular Contributor

Jordan promises earth shaking revenge. Yeah, that's going to work.

Respected Contributor

I am having so many feelings that I don't know how to sort them out. It is not only this horrifying murder...it is the cumulative affect of all of the others and the fear of what is to come. I feel numb, I feel rage, I feel sad and I feel helpless. And I feel an overwhelming disappointment in what one human can do to another.

Honored Contributor

The manner of death is barbaric and horrific. According to the CNN page where I read of this, ISIS sees what they did as retribution for Mu'ath's killing of their children, etc. I watched a Criminal Minds episode of a person who was setting people on fire, that was enough for me. I saw a news report many years ago, I think it was in South Africa, where men were beaten within an inch of their lives, tires being put around their necks, and set afire, that so shook me to my core, I screamed. I am afraid there are many decades ahead before, if ever, this sort of behavior stops and there is peace in that region, but the issue is to keep them from doing harm in our Country.