Honored Contributor

Re: Prayers for the Jordanian pilot and his family

On 2/3/2015 hyacinth003 said:
On 2/3/2015 irishmama5 said: JMO, There should be NO video or pictures of his death. And WHY anyone would watch the video is beyond my thinking.

You are being a decent human being with your feelings.

The President of the United States has not acknowledged the video is real, however, looks real to me. Jordan has said it is real.

I do think it should be seen, as we need to KNOW what these atrocities look like. We need to know what this kind of people are willing to do. Just like we need to replay Sept.11, 2001 to remind us and to instruct younger people on what happened.

We need to know what will come to the USA if they get their wishes.

Hyacinth

I think you are right Hyacinth...it was hard to do. Something you never un-see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/3/2015 irishmama5 said: JMO, There should be NO video or pictures of his death. And WHY anyone would watch the video is beyond my thinking.

The President of the United States has not acknowledged the video is real, however, looks real to me. Jordan has said it is real.

I do think it should be seen, as we need to KNOW what these atrocities look like. We need to know what this kind of people are willing to do. Just like we need to replay Sept.11, 2001 to remind us and to instruct younger people on what happened.

Hyacinth

IF????

They're here. Waiting.

Respected Contributor

I refuse to watch it for the reason already mentioned...they want us to watch it so I won't.

If someone else wants to watch it, that's their decision - totally up to each individual. We can't forget this is going on and we need to remember who's doing it.

I also think it's nice to see pictures of him here to help remember.

Trusted Contributor

Just seeing the still picture of him in the cage and the fire being lit is enough. No one should go through that. No one!!!
Respected Contributor

On 2/3/2015 croemer said:
On 2/3/2015 Qwackertoo said:
On 2/3/2015 mstraditional said:

Shep Smith watched the video. took six pages of notes. transcribed them. then calmly walked people through it verbally, very calmly and non-sensationally. it was nevertheless blood chilling. people must inform themselves on such atrocities and face down the perpetrators if we are civilized people. to turn a blind eye as was done in WWII cannot happen again. we have already let too much horrific behavior of late go by with a weak reaction in the face of crucifixion of Christians, torturing/starving the Yazidis, the beheadings. enough. enough. enough.

I didn't see it this afternoon but they are repeating it right now on Kelly File.

Awful. I don't see how he is managing to do this.

I saw an edited video of his death...it shows the lighting of the rag on a stick and then the full video. I would not wish that death on anyone.

nor would i wish on my worst enemy actions like the beheadings of children, the burying of women and children alive, the crucifixions, to name only some of the recent atrocities from this evergrowing scourge which is seizing territory in Syria, Iraq.....this is just a new level of barbarism.

Super Contributor

Hyacinth

I respectfully disagree. I don't need to see the horror in order to know that these barbarians must be stopped.

I don't need to see a replay of the tragedy of 9-11 to be reminded of what happened.

That's why I've been staying away from the news lately. Too depressing.

Yes, I know we're in a difficult time.

Yes, I know that they are monsters.

Yes, I know that they must be stopped.

No, I don't need it to be in my face, to know that.

Respected Contributor

IS is PURE EVIL. Nothing you say will convince me otherwise. May he rest in peace. He was only 26 years old. Gone much too soon.
Valued Contributor

DID YOU REPORT THE VIDEO?

it's so important to report these videos for location tracking via uploads, etc.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Valued Contributor

eve ~ thanks for all the beautiful pictures of mu'ath. This is how i will "know" and remember him. Thanks again, the photos help me (((hug))) the soul of this young man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Respected Contributor

The problem when we shut out the news it becomes a case of out of sight out of mind. We need to be acutely aware of who is threatening us and what these barbarians are capable of. Aware, not fearful. Alert, not paranoid. As civilians education is our best defense. JMO.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____