Honored Contributor
I pray he will survive. Horrible and tragic, no time for agenda

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Prayers sent.  Just happened to be in room with spouse watching game and actually we got tears for him, the family and team.

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Respected Contributor

Did they use a defibrillator on the player or just cpr? So fortunate so many medical professionals were there within seconds of his collapsing; nowhere else would he have had such immediate help. Prayers and more prayers.

Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

Did they use a defibrillator on the player or just cpr? So fortunate so many medical professionals were there within seconds of his collapsing; nowhere else would he have had such immediate help. Prayers and more prayers.

Yes a defibrillator was used.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I just watched the video, I could clearly see the force of the impact he suffered. Could have been blunt force trauma injury, that can cause cardiac arrest even if there is no history of heart issues.

There's actually a medical term for that, it's 

commotio cordis.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Prayers for Damar, his family and teammates.  My brother lives in Cinci and was at the game.  The local news is reporting that he does have a pulse, but is currently not breathing on his own.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I just watched the video, I could clearly see the force of the impact he suffered. Could have been blunt force trauma injury, that can cause cardiac arrest even if there is no history of heart issues.

commotio cordis.

@Greeneyedlady21 , That is what a cardiac trauma Doc.  said on Twitter.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Pin on Cards

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Valued Contributor

All of us in Cincinnati are praying for Damar Hamlin, his family and all of Buffalo. We are all stunned and deeply saddened. Everyone was so excited for this game but right now nobody cares about anything more than wanting this young man to pull through.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

commotio cordis.

@Greeneyedlady21 , That is what a cardiac trauma Doc.  said on Twitter.

Commotio Cordis is trending on twitter right now.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson