Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 It was very odd. We were watching it live and wondered what the heck. All of a sudden this guy collapses. But upon replay, he does get hit pretty hard on the upper chest and chin. Hard to say what the issue is. We've seen a lot harder hits with no apparent issues so who knows. We just feel for the family and the NFL family. 

And a side note, we really aren't that big of football fans. Just happened to be watching tonight. 

Esteemed Contributor

So sad! He's such a young guy..... I hope he pulls through. 

Honored Contributor

Personally, I feel sorry for all the younger generations.  They have grown up in a world polluted in so many ways.  Their nervous systems have been strained by all the technology -- even their "fun" stuff. 

It is all too much for many more mature souls who grew up during a different time that had a slower pace and the undergirding of more common, traditional values.

Life and values are as varied as one's TV selections these days.  Too many personal realities; one for each of us.  Commonality and common cause are not easy to find.

I know I am rattling on here, but when these tragedies happen, I begin to worry and wonder.  And I think of how so many young people have endured so much to achieve what they have.  And at what cost.

The world really is not a very kind place lately.

Please understand if I do not respond to posts countering what I wrote here.  You certainly have a right to your opinion and I to mine.  I have too much work I need to do and respectfully do not wish to take time to respond.  However, I will enjoy any responses to this post.  Plus, I honestly do not like to fight, bicker, etc.  It makes me nervous.

Respected Contributor

This is such a terrible thing to happen; he is only 24 years old and has played in the NFL for 3 years. They are saying any medical condition would have been discovered by now through the physicals they require, but they can't predict everything.I am praying for this young man and pray he is okay. 9 minutes of CPR  is a very long time.The refs and coaches are still determining how to handle the situation; the game is suspended and an announcement of when the game may be replayed will be announced later. I hope they don't replay it; both teams are already in the playoffs.

Honored Contributor

Saying prayers for him and his loved ones - and of course the Bills and  the Bengals players, coaches, and staff.

Honored Contributor

his mom was in the stadium watching. i cannot even imagine how that felt.....

he is currently at the hospital in critical condition.

the game has been postponed.

prayers for him and his family, friends, and teammates.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor
He is in critical condition. Hope he is okay.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

ITA with everything in your post.

Respected Contributor

I have always been glad my grandson plays baseball and was never interested in playing football. It is a very dangerous sport, even when the hits are deemed "clean" or fair. I pray for his mother who was in the stands and I would assume she is now with her son at the hospital. I pray he pulls through and he got immediate medical care, so that is a positive.

Regular Contributor

Prayers for this young man. So scary and sad.