Trusted Contributor

Whether you are a football fan or not, please pray for the Bills player Damar Hamlin. CPR administered for 9 minutes during Monday Night Football. No idea of players condition at this time. Game suspended. 

Respected Contributor

@cjm61 @yes indeed! This is so scary. I'm praying for him and his family. It gave me the chills. May God bless him!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
I pray that he is ok.
Honored Contributor

Thats heartbreaking but football is a rough dangerous game so severe injuries are not surprising.  I surely hope the guy is okay.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Prayers for the Bills

[ Edited ]

I just this moment read a bulletin about this and made a prayer for the young man.  Only 24.  Heartbreaking.

Such a nice face with a beautiful smile.  

Hamlin_Damar

Honored Contributor

He didn't collapse because of being injured.  He made a tackle, jumped back to his feet then seconds later collapsed, like so many other young, healthy adults are collapsing and dying, but we don't hear about most of them.  I'll refrain from opining further.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I just watched the replay of the hit and he collapsing right after. Praying for this young man, I went to twitter and they showed video of the ambulance still in the tunnel after taking him off of the field. One post mentioned the medical team used the AED on him. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

CNN is saying he collapsed after making a tackle.  Sounds like it may have been a medical episode rather than an injury.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife We were watching the game live. He did get hit, under the chin, made the tackle, stood up, collapsed falling hard on his head again. We have no idea what happened, an injury or another health ailment. Regardless, seeing this happen  is very disheartening and I feel for the family. 

Trusted Contributor

@JaneMarple And they are saying CPR administered on the field for 9 minutes. This is an extremely long time to do CPR.