Honored Contributor

Prayers for families of victims of Helicopter Crash Eglin AFB, FL

The crash happened at Navarre Beach, FL (family lives there)

EGLIN AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. (AP) — Human remains and helicopter parts were recovered Wednesday after seven Marines and four soldiers crashed in heavy fog during military training in Florida.

All 11 service members were presumed dead after the the Army National Guard's UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter went down offshore, a Pentagon official said.

Kim Urr, 62, who works at the nearby Navarre Beach campground, said she heard a strange sound, followed by two explosions around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday.

"It sounded like something metal either being hit or falling over, that's what it sounded like. And there were two booms afterward, similar to what you hear with ordnance booms, but more muffled," Urr said.

President spoke with the military leaders involved and expressed his condolences to the families before saying he's confident of a detailed and thorough investigation, said his spokesman, Josh Earnest.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with them and their families as the search and rescue continues," Defense Secretary Ash Carter said on Capitol Hill.

Respected Contributor

Re: Prayers for families of victims of Helicopter Crash Eglin AFB, FL

Absolutely will say prayers for all who were lost on this flight. This is going to be horrible for their families. Hearts and prayers to everyone who gets this terrible news today.

Honored Contributor

Hooty, my prayers going out to the families of the lost ones! I can only imagine how hard this is going to be for them. Did your family know any of the victims? It has been so sad watching the news today.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Animation350x.gif picture by 3peas

It's so sad for all of the families and friends of those brave military persons. {#emotions_dlg.crying} I keep hoping they'll find some of the Soldiers and Marines alive. It really hits a person harder when they have family or friends who serve or have served. Even in routine training there is a danger for our heroes. God bless those brave souls, their loved ones and their friends. God bless all of our military and their families, and our Country.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for this thread, Hooty. Such a devastating loss for their loved ones, and our nation.

photo image.jpg1_zpsuna5ai1i.jpg

I give thanks for their service and offer up my prayers for their families.

Honored Contributor

Thanks to Puddles, Possummink, and cater for replying to this thread!

I posted this here, because I thought with all the "so called" religious themed threads that there would be more caring posters to pray for these families, but I guessed wrong! I guess they are selective for who and what they pray for!

These military members were on a training flight when this happened, protecting our freedoms that we have in this country such as being able to pray, and I am at a loss of words for posters who could care less!{#emotions_dlg.sad}

ETA: DeLaney, thank you, you and I were posted at the same time!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

(((Hooty))), I am sure more will post as they arrive and see your thoughtful thread here. Some, as myself, must duck in and out during the work day.

God bless you!

Trusted Contributor

On 3/12/2015 catwhisperer said:
On 3/12/2015 Hooty said:

Thanks to Puddles, Possummink, and cater for replying to this thread!

I posted this here, because I thought with all the "so called" religious themed threads that there would be more caring posters to pray for these families, but I guessed wrong! I guess they are selective for who and what they pray for!

These military members were on a training flight when this happened, protecting our freedoms that we have in this country such as being able to pray, and I am at a loss of words for posters who could care less!{#emotions_dlg.sad}

ETA: DeLaney, thank you, you and I were posted at the same time!

Hooty...you can count on my prayers as well. You are absolutely right about certain threads being selective about who and what they pray for. I found that out when I reguested prayers for someone.

Forgive me, catwhisperer if I overlooked your prayer request somewhere. {#emotions_dlg.sad} My hand to God, I did not see it.

Honored Contributor

Catwhisperer, thank you! I guess I am passionate about this, we are a military family and my step-daughter lives in the area where this happened!

Honored Contributor

I just saw on Fox News, where they have only found 2 bodies, so sad!{#emotions_dlg.sad}