Trusted Contributor

Re: Prayers for Those in NY, NJ, & PA

Remember this storm when you joke about how cold it is next February.

Honored Contributor

I believe that what we're seeing now is just the tip of the ever-shrinking iceberg.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling Climate change is resulting in more and heavier storms caused by the superheated oceans. Heat waves, droughts and floods are now more frequent and intense.  

So the trajectory of the storm may have been freaky, as you attest, but its existence and ferocity was the result of climate change.

July 2021 was Earth's warmest month in recorded history, per records maintained by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has now reached the highest level in at least the past 2 million years. Since 1970, global temperatures have increased faster than in any other 50-year period in the last 2,000 years.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@77yangya 

So sorry for the destruction but it's definitely not climate change.

It was a CAT 4 close to a CAT5 hurricane that you happened to be in the path of it expiring.

Could of gone East out of Lousiana and it decided to go Northeast.

Just another freak of nature.

Not to reference you at all, but I can't believe the people moving around in such a massive storm.

@Just Bling   You were not very insightful putting this statement on this particular thread.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for all those that are dealing with the effects of this terrible storm.

It must be so frustrating to have damage in your home and not be able to get someone out to help.

Stay strong and keep the faith.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Just Bling Climate change is resulting in more and heavier storms caused by the superheated oceans. Heat waves, droughts and floods are now more frequent and intense.  

So the trajectory of the storm may have been freaky, as you attest, but its existence and ferocity was the result of climate change.

July 2021 was Earth's warmest month in recorded history, per records maintained by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has now reached the highest level in at least the past 2 million years. Since 1970, global temperatures have increased faster than in any other 50-year period in the last 2,000 years.

@NYCLatinaMe    I think there's no doubt about what you say being true and factual.  Scientists who study such things agree with you.  The question is, is it too late to fix it before we have more disasters and catastrophes and parts of our country become uninhabitable?  It's time for people to take this situation seriously even if they're inconvenienced. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819   Thank you !   I pray for my neighbors and all other affected.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe @I tried to stop myself from this; but I failed. I just keep thinking, why don't they open up the bounty, "the quicker picker upper?" I probably should not be making light of a tragedy, but I see the humor in the stocked up Bounty in the picture. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D That is someone's home, their basement.  Items are floating.  How many feet of water would you guess, based on the staircase.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@77yangya 

So sorry for the destruction but it's definitely not climate change.

It was a CAT 4 close to a CAT5 hurricane that you happened to be in the path of it expiring.

Could of gone East out of Lousiana and it decided to go Northeast.

Just another freak of nature.

Not to reference you at all, but I can't believe the people moving around in such a massive storm.

People moving around in the storm were caught trying to get home from their jobs!  I don't think most of them expected the wrath of this rapidly spreading storm.  Health care workers finishing their shifts were stranded for hours in subways (that weren't underwater).  In a large city were buses and subways are the preferred mode of transportation, would have made sense had the storms, tornadoes and swollen rivers and creeks not overflowed.  Cars and trucks didn't fare much better if you've seen the news at all.  

This wasn't a freak of nature.  It's a preview of what's to come.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~