Trusted Contributor

Re: Prayer need for super cute rescue goat adopted by Lisa Robertson!

Lots of prayers for the two little goats. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I sincerely hope for the best for those two sweet little goats.

I am afraid, though, that Lisa is very inexperienced with animals.  Fainting goats faint when they are panicked.  Yesterday Lisa described the one goat's fainting as "the cutest," which is an odd way to characterize an animal in distress.

I hope that between the vet and Lisa's newest employee, the goats are in good hands.

Honored Contributor

@JasperDawg wrote:

I sincerely hope for the best for those two sweet little goats.

I am afraid, though, that Lisa is very inexperienced with animals.  Fainting goats faint when they are panicked.  Yesterday Lisa described the one goat's fainting as "the cutest," which is an odd way to characterize an animal in distress.

I hope that between the vet and Lisa's newest employee, the goats are in good hands.

@JasperDawg  Really doesn’t matter if Lisa is inexperienced with animals. The goats belong to the employee not Lisa. They just live at her farm.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry. I'm the perpetual skeptic when it comes to the sketchy posts that Lisa posts about anything and everyting.  There's a hint of drama or self promo in everything and anything she posts.  No wonder.  She needs to stay visible and amicable.  But unless one tells me a few more details, not many mind you but something to tweek interest and to make a realistic assesment, I can't begin to believe this nonsense.  This goat is not at the point of death and in need of prayer.  He is standing up.  He looks alert.  He doesn't look ill in any respect such as kneeling or lying down, runny eyes or nose, etc.  But then the pic can be altered or out of date.  I can see ill health in an animal and this is not one.  Medication?  For what?  An injury?  Diarrhea?  Constipation?  Eating something that is not good for a kid?  A kick in the head?

Nov 17th

Goat 2.jpg

Two days later.

Goat.jpg

And two more days later.

Goat 4.jpg

Nope.  This little guy will be OK and in the meantime Leesee will get some accolades for being an animal lover.  Something she is not or there would have been some animals around long before this.  Why is she taking credit for the animal as a rescue if the animal is really in her employee's ownership and care?

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know the specifics, and, I doubt anyone here does.  Regardless of who rescued the animals, they now have a place to live, shelter, and food.  Yes, she did say a vet came to check them out and one needed medical attention.  So, for me, the bottom line is that these beautiful creatures have a nice place to live and people to care for them.  I think it's wonderful!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

No one knows for sure is the key.  Anything can be stated, but is it truthful.  How can you make a conclusion, in this case of adoption or serious health issue, with duplicious information?  This business owner creates way too much drama, overstatement, and calamity to be believeable, credible or convincing.  It is self aggrandizing manuevering and done to garner attention and admiration.

Honored Contributor

@qwarkster A goat or any animal can have a serious heart issue.  You would not necessarily be able to tell by just looking at it.

I just lost a beautiful dog that was standing facing me when she just dropped over dead.

All my neighbors and friends were shocked.  They said they didn't know she was so sick, though I have been telling them for about three years that she had a severe heart condition.  She was "normal" and active until her heart just gave out.  I think her weak heat valve just deteriorated and tore suddenly.

You can't make assumptions, ever.  You just don't know for sure.  I would hope no one would lie about a health concern to get attention.

Honored Contributor

No, you can’t tell whether an animal is sick or not just by looking at it. Rescue animals often come with hidden medical issues, infectious or congenital. Cute little goat. 💕
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know anything about fainting goats but I do own a Boer goat as a pet.  There have been some struggles over the last 2 years in trying to keep this particular goat healthy. She lives at my friend's farm. Thankfully, my friend is very knowledgeable.  She knows a lot about a variety of treatments.  She keeps a close eye on things and if my goat seems off she starts treatment right away. A few times the vet has had to come. I have to always be ready to drop a few hundred if vet comes.

I wouldn't trust myself to be able to care for my goat at home due to all the health challenges she's been through.  Some breeds are easier than others I guess.  I wish Good Luck to anyone who cares enough to volunteer their time and $ to help sick animals.

Super Contributor

OK.  It seems there are a few possibilities of a goat that is deathly ill and in need of prayer.  I'm in the corner where if I don't have the details, it's not going to do anything or anyone any good to pray.  It's all in vain.  It's not about the goat.  It's always about Lisa in this case as always.  I have enough observations about her intentions.  It's about how one sees the situation and the facts.  Prayer is a strong and sacred act and not something to apply arbitrarily.