Respected Contributor

DH just got 2 new tv remotes because the old ones were unpredictable and giving him fits.  Took us a while to figure out how to program them ( it was very easy and directions were clear but sadly, we're challenged by tech stuff. ) 

Anyway, he left one on the table after breakfast, went into the tv room, shut the pocket doors and settled into the lazy boy.  The pocket doors have glass panes in them.  So, you can predict where this is going.  I used the one he left behind, aimed it through the panes and changed the channel.  I waited, snickering, but there was no reaction.  Changed channel again and it was Q!  This time I hear him say, "What the **** is going on here?"  I hear him climbing out of the lazy boy, so I hide the remote and quickly sneak around the bend.  From there I hear him come into kitchen, mumble some curses, fumble around (looking for extra remote).  Then he gives up, goes back in room, shuts the doors and sits down.  Of course I can't resist doing it again.  OMG This time his language is more colorful and he must have vaulted out of that chair because he marched into the kitchen so fast I couldn't hide. I was standing there trying not to laugh out loud but I seriously was laughing so hard under my breath that my shoulders were shaking.  He walked right by and was trying to figure out where that extra remote was. Then he turned around and saw me. The look on his face was priceless!

Hours later we were still laughing about it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pranks to avoid boredom...

So funny 😄 I wish I could have been a fly on the wall 😂🤣

Occasional Contributor

If you want to try something else, try a small piece of black electrical tape over the sensor on the remote control.  The first thing they will try to do is replace the batteries.  😂

Respected Contributor

@AntiqueRose wrote:

If you want to try something else, try a small piece of black electrical tape over the sensor on the remote control.  The first thing they will try to do is replace the batteries.  😂

@AntiqueRose , now that's creative!  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@Kalli 

I'm laughing with you because I am visualing the whole thing...sounds like something I'd do!!! And get the same response from my spouse...goodness that remote is attached to his hand & the world stops if it doesn't work😉

Thanks for the laugh🤣🤣🤣🤣

Respected Contributor

You ladies are just BAD - luckily I like that in a person!

I could never do anything like that because DH is a retired IT Mgr.  Can you imagine what he would DO to my computer in retaliation?? LOL

Denise
Respected Contributor

@Kalli I laughed out loud reading your post!  You and your husband sound like you have many good times together....love it.

Super Contributor

@Kalli 

Absolutely priceless.....still laughing!

Honored Contributor

Having fun at another's expense is unkind.

Occasional Contributor

@occasionalrain @I do agree with your statement, because humor can get out of control and your words are a good caution.  

@Kalli and her husband were still laughing several hours later so I suspect their relationship can handle a prank.  I've been married to my husband for 47 years and we have enjoyed similar jokes.  So I think all things in moderation, with respect in a relationship, can make these difficult times a bit easier with a bit of humor.  And if your relationship is one that can handle some pranks (and my husband and I can) then why not?