Honored Contributor

Well ,i admit i am envious, she has so many options NOW.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@Peoplearenuts wrote:

You are right about the gum -- she looked like a cow chewing the cud.  You would think the lottery people would  have given her a once over before she got on camera.

Well, now we know she'll be able to afford all the gum she wants!!  

@nana59@Peoplearenuts  I'm sure all involved had more on their minds than a silly piece of gum.

How polished would either of you be?  Sheesh.

I would have been polished enough to spit out my gum............

Are we JEALOUS?

@goldensrbest

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@Peoplearenuts wrote:

You are right about the gum -- she looked like a cow chewing the cud.  You would think the lottery people would  have given her a once over before she got on camera.

Well, now we know she'll be able to afford all the gum she wants!!  

@nana59@Peoplearenuts  I'm sure all involved had more on their minds than a silly piece of gum.

How polished would either of you be?  Sheesh.

I would have been polished enough to spit out my gum............

Are we JEALOUS?

Nope...not a matter of jealously...just observant.

My sports radio guys mentioned it immediately...and even joked about it.

It also seems to be mentioned a lot on social media, as well.

By tonight, it'll be an old story....but it sure is a giggle

watching her chomping down...open mouth, no less.  😛

Esteemed Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

So much for that pool dh went in on at work. 

@jaxs mom

Did you have your heart set on making a colossal shoe and handbag order? Woman LOL  LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Powerball Winner

[ Edited ]

@Daisy wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

So much for that pool dh went in on at work. 

@jaxs mom

Did you have your heart set on making a colossal shoe and handbag order? Woman LOL  LOL

LOL Well I would have bought all the shoes I have on my to buy list that I've been waiting for sale prices on. @Daisy Sunflower 

My other immediate desire is vacation to see my BFF. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I think she opened herself up to a sh-tstorm.  Too bad she didn't think it through and came forward right away. Hopefully she can handle all the people that will have their hands out.  From what I have read about lottery winners, it is overwhelming.  If I were her, I would pick up and move quickly.  She put herself out there proud and loud. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Lawyer, Financial advisor,  MOVE then come forward in that order. Hope the winner makes use of the winnings in a positive way.

I'm not judging her, but if were the one to win that crazy jackpot and decided to show my face immediately after winning, the first person I'd hire is a bodyguard. Probably two or three, for me and my family. 

And, I don't understand why people who win can't have their privacy. Why do they have to "come forward" as though they were confessing to something horrific they've done?

Such problems I'm sure I'll never have.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I doubt that she already had a financial advisor or lawyer. She's 53 and lives in a very modest apartment in a small house. So yes now the media has tracked down where she lives and is interviewing the neighbors.

She worked for a medical facility, she has already quit. Not sure if she has any kids. Especially as a female living alone if that's the case, not a good idea. Of course she could just up and move right away, at least rent a beautiful home before she buys.

She lives in a small town and might be very trusting and a bit naive. I'm not saying that as any sort of knock on her. But I live in a fairly small town too, and would never do that. I prize anonymity and privacy having what I have. Over 300 million, I'd never want anyone to know.

@Greeneyedlady21- oh have no fear. She won't be living alone for long!!!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

She has started the process wrong. I hope she does well but I would be interested to see where she is in 5 years. Most winners handle it wrong. My husband and I have it planned. Not that we will ever need the plan but just in case.....

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I agree she should not have come forward so soon, but the gum chewing does not bother me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.